Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so theres this big southern tier harley shop in my town that happens to have the only dyno with atleast 80 miles of me and will not ever put a sport bike on it, a guy that worked there hooked his cbr up to hit and the owner caught wind and fired him on the spot because of it. they have everything to custom tune my bike and would only charge the labor hours, not for the map (60 bucks an hour) but the owner refuses to strap one down because he doesnt want some 1000 cc bike making 170 hp when there harleys are only making 80 thus a customer might be like what the fuck

in my opinion a harly guy buys a harly not for speed but for the chrome, comfort, noise and knowing in 2000 miles he will have to replace a shit load of parts so when a sport bike pushes high numbers they wont really give a shit but what ever, just wanted to share my frustration, see if I can get a hit from neone on what to do or what not, still gotta go and talk with the owner, maybe pull 20 sportbikes in there and be like look, we want a map haha

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
That is pretty stupid for that owner to refuse the use of his equipment because all he would do is increase his profits and who cares if every inline 4 that goes in there makes more horse power? everyone knows that Harleys dont make shit for horse power. They are 2 different styles of bikes and for him to be so worried about street bikes on his dyno shows he has a complex about something. same with the guy that is 5 foot even and drives a 4x4 truck lifted 20 inches, those people are trying to compensate for something.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahahahaha very true, i gotta actually talk to him i inly talked to the shop cronies and they say they barely even use the damn thing

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Cant you call up Harley Davidson Corp or something to complain? They provide a service to customers and are refusing to provide it to you. Because you ride a sport bike? Isnt that some sort of discrimination? Not directly at you but something along the lines...cant put it into words.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What the faaaak?!?! Good luck getting a Harley to run long enought to strap it down anyways. Maybe they don't wanna be held responsible if a mechanic slips in a puddle of oil and drops your bike. :dontknow:How 'bout giving the ACLU a shout and tell 'em you are being discriminated against. :lol:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
we have a big harley shop here with the same rules. from i heard. the harley company can not do anything. its the shop owner right to say no because he own the dyno.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts