Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started out with 7.8 at 104mph, ended up with 7.21 at 113mph, 17/39 gearing, crap for clutch, and not so stealth riding wouldn't let me go any quicker lol.

I was short shifting to 2nd and the bike would only come alive at 10k rpm and that was pretty much at the finish line.

·
Registered
779 Posts

My first two trips to the track, 100% bone stock and still up in the air was [email protected] Two weeks in a row it ran 7.21, then lowered and -1 front sprocket I went 6.7's after some practice. Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Gear ?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Been considering hitting up my local strip here, but I'm not too sure about an 1/8 mile track...done a bunch of 1/4 mile racing back home and that was awesome on a great track, but 1/8 mile just seems like it would be kind of boring so to speak...I mean, as soon as you get going it's time to stop...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Rev that bitch UPPPP, looks almost as if your taking off from a stop light. The more passes you get the better you will get. You can launch these 10s a hell of a lot harder than you think.

Just remember once you start launching at a higher rpm the most important thing is to be SMOOTH with the clutch, if you apply to much power at any point in the launch it will wheelie on you.

You can have a 1.9 60' and they bike can still wheelie if you start laughing slow and then apply to much clutch at the end of the launch, HOWEVER, you can also have a 1.5 60' and if your smooth with the whole clutch not have a wheelie.

I've had people tell me there launching as hard as they can without wheeling and I look at there time slips and there 60' is 1.8s, and its because they are really SLOW with the first half of the clutch and once they get rolling the dump the second half of the clutch and it wheelies.

You can be more aggressive with the first half of the clutch to get the bike moving and then slide the second half of the clutch to keep the power under control...

Ok now im rambling.....

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
the 10's have a LONG 1st gear. gota gear that baby and get them rpm's up. seat time is the key but the more you go you'll see them times start to drop man.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Been considering hitting up my local strip here, but I'm not too sure about an 1/8 mile track...done a bunch of 1/4 mile racing back home and that was awesome on a great track, but 1/8 mile just seems like it would be kind of boring so to speak...I mean, as soon as you get going it's time to stop...
You got it wrong my friend on the 1/8 there's little room for error, unlike the 1/4mi where you got room to make up for bad lights, wheel spin, wheelies, .etc.

Hellboy you got to get rid of the slipper clutch, if you get the inner clutch hub welded together it will be just as good if not better than the 1st gens. More gear will help if leave

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to order drag pack on monday, with that alone I should be able to get in the 6's, then I'll lower her, strap her and drop a tooth on the front. I couldn't rev her past 6k on the launch, so had to work the clutch went from 2.1 to 1.9 60s, 1/8th mile is a lot harder than 1/4. If you do a lot of 1/8th mile runs, you'll be really good in a 1/4

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I am going to order drag pack on monday, with that alone I should be able to get in the 6's, then I'll lower her, strap her and drop a tooth on the front. I couldn't rev her past 6k on the launch, so had to work the clutch went from 2.1 to 1.9 60s, 1/8th mile is a lot harder than 1/4. If you do a lot of 1/8th mile runs, you'll be really good in a 1/4
yep 1/8 mile is a riders race, no room for erra but is more motor friendly :mrgreen:

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
went back to the track, battery died so I only made 2 passes, went 7.0 at 117mph, short shifted to 2nd and then went wot in 2nd, drag pak worked great, but I didn't take advantage of it this time, 1.9 60 feet, can't wait to get used to it and actually go wot in first gear.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Looks good, is this the bike that had the broken retainers that you put the gen3 head on?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts