Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was all my fault too... I coach a kids football team and some drama popped off at practice with a parent and my brother. Well after practice, I get on my bike and still going over all the bull that went on at practice. Next thing I know I'm in the middle of a curve! I lost my focus and it cost me! Lowsided off the road into some grass.

Only scraped my knee, and scratched the lower left fairng. The fairing was already damaged from when the bike fell over a few months ago.

Lesson learned... Keep a clear mind when you throw your leg across that bike...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry for the mishap, but it could have been a lot worse. Glad you are ok...and stay focused out there!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hate to hear it. I know how ya feel though. I've got three boys and there's always some drama at practice.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate to hear it. I know how ya feel though. I've got three boys and there's always some drama at practice.
Tell me about it! I was a head coach in DC for about 5 years. I moved here to TX and I'm the Defensive Coordinator for my brother's team. In DC I NEVER had a problem with the parents! Don't know if it was my coaching style, the parents attitude or what but never had a problem, I get here to TX and it seems like EVERY parent is trying to finish their football career through their kids! The parents want it more than the kids do! I just want to teach them how to play the game! If I can do that, I'm cool!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Glad you are ok....

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
I'm very glad you're ok bro. It could of been alot worst.

It was all my fault too... I coach a kids football team and some drama popped off at practice with a parent and my brother. Well after practice, I get on my bike and still going over all the bull that went on at practice. Next thing I know I'm in the middle of a curve! I lost my focus and it cost me! Lowsided off the road into some grass.

Only scraped my knee, and scratched the lower left fairng. The fairing was already damaged from when the bike fell over a few months ago.

Lesson learned... Keep a clear mind when you throw your leg across that bike...
:+1: to that. Riding is a sport! Just like any other sport. You lose focus and concentration; you will most likely not fair well.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Sorry to hear about the lowside, glad you're alright man. You lookin for any donations, LOL. Bad joke. Good luck with the psycho parents

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear about the lowside, glad you're alright man. You lookin for any donations, LOL. Bad joke. Good luck with the psycho parents
:lol: Nah bruh! I already ordered my lower farining last night when I got home! LOL!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Good advice, and a worthwhile lesson for even the most experienced riders. A momentary brain fart can be a life changer on a motorcycle. It's definitely not like driving a car.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good advice, and a worthwhile lesson for even the most experienced riders. A momentary brain fart can be a life changer on a motorcycle. It's definitely not like driving a car.
EXACTLY!!!! That's why I keep getting pissed everytime I think about it! I know better than to lose focus like that, but I did it anyway! As I think back, the only thing I did to try to save it was stand the bike up and hit the brakes. Then I ran off the road and went down in the grass. Had I been in the right frame of mind, I coulda just leaned through the curve because I wasn't going too fast to negotiate it!

Oh well.... Like I said, lesson learned! We'll all make mistakes, but you gotta learn from the mistakes so the same thing doesn't happen again.

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!! :eek:ccasion1

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
glad your ok

1 - 20 of 23 Posts