Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried moving the clutch adjustment in more to see if I could get a better launch.

ended up with:

60' - 1.53
330 - 4.01 @ 93.65
1/8 - 6.07 @ 117.90

I mis- shifted 3rd. should have been a 5 second pass, I was running 119+ all day except fo this mis shift run. I only got one more pass and the temps started dropping due to a cold front coming in so I just blew the tire off, spinning through the 60'. This 06' is just mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7000-7500 Launch - I bought the extensions from a place on ebay "all things chrome", there 3-10's and they were $190.00, $215.00 shipped. I got them in about 3 days so I would reccomend them to anyone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey whats up, too bad you blew the tire away on that last pass you made. I cant wait to get my 04 back out there. Good luck next time.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dragone said:
ug, tennis shoes are for courts not tracks.
Still a pretty good run though.
Yeah, I pulled it out there in my truck. Loaded my stuff and forgot my boots.......white tennis shoes at that.....there really clean now.

I got beat that run, the guy on the gixxer was spraying a 30 shot and came around me at the line. I tree'd him and out 60'd him, he went 5.88 to my 6.07. Still not bad considering he's running a full brock's system, gearing and a 30 shot to my geared ZX10. His best run on motor was a 6.10 so I got that covered and im still stock.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RalphWT said:
Hey whats up, too bad you blew the tire away on that last pass you made. I cant wait to get my 04 back out there. Good luck next time.
You were the guy there right? If so good to meet you man. Might be going out to Redline this weekend looking for a 5.99

·
Registered
92 Posts
did u have to grind down ur stock brake bracket so ur wheel wouldn't hit it? i have the same ones and it's in the way.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bizzy_b said:
did u have to grind down ur stock brake bracket so ur wheel wouldn't hit it? i have the same ones and it's in the way.
You don't HAVE to. You can move the tire back just enough to clear it if you have the 3-10's and a long enough chain, on the 6 overs I would think you would have to grind it but im not positive. I know I did with the 6 overs on my 04'. I used a dremel tool to cut it down and sand it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well well my sprocket set up, down 1 and up 2, it's right at it. i figured u did i just want to find out for sure.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bizzy_b said:
well well my sprocket set up, down 1 and up 2, it's right at it. i figured u did i just want to find out for sure.
I must have a longer chain than you, because I didn't have to cut it down. I don't remember how many links it is though..I think 140 or so. I have the same sprocket set up though, Vortex 16/43 all 530 stuff.

Post some pics when your done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a 150 link but it's a 140 now. 16/42 all 530.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts