Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it feels great! Now I don't know if I should do the +2 in the rear. Is there a significant difference? Will I need a new chain if I do?

I guess my only concern now is having to do the math in my head on the fly to find out my actual speed. Or I suppose I can just flow with traffic.

I'm so excited though! The bike feels so much smoother.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have -1 +2, love it. I wouldn't recommend it to someone on a stock height bike, though. You'll spend most of your time on the back wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also went -1

I did it yesterday around 6pm over my cousins house. I rode home and I wanted to get off the road caus it was too many cars and i wanted to feel the difference. So I rode to work this mourning and Hell Yeah. The thing should have come like that stock. I love it. But then I noticed the speedo said I was doin 155mph in third gear. I KNEW THAT THIS WAS IMPOSSIBLE AND QUICKLY DEDUCED THAT THE SPEED SENSOR DOESN'T KNOW THAT I NOW HAVE 16T INSTEAD OF 17T. How do I correct this so I know how fast I'm going?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uhh.. I detect sarcasm. Anyway, it's supposed to be off something like 12%, so do the math in your head. If you were going 155 indicated you were probably doing like 138ish.

You could just get a speedohealer. I dont have the money for one right now though. :-\

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jim, when you went +2 in the rear did you need a longer chain?

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
unless you really love doing wheelies the the stock CS feels much better through out the gears IMO. Had my 16t on pretty much since after break in for 4k miles then a thread came up debating the two sprockets. Lets just say after i put mine on to test i didnt take it off. Just my .02 i can still wheelie all day on this beast.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i went -1 and that's all.it shows me 8-10 faster than what i'm do'n.but i still have MEGA topend.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
you might also want to consider a 1/5 throttle insert and tre. i went -1f with the insert and tre for track and around town use. great pick up and not wheelie prone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already have both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
fast

Man this bike is a beast without this mod, and I aint even gonna think about doing it. I have a hard time keeping the front down now on a full roll.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never done a full roll. In fact I've never had this bike come up on me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just finished putting on a Speedohealer and love it. It was easy to install and program.
Part numbers are SHV4 + SH-K04 (Kawi).
From Cal-Sportbike Total in CA with tax was $122.99
Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts