Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the fairing off to change my oil and one of those dam well nuts fell apart. I'm not going to spend an other $3.00 dollars for a lousey nut. went to ace. got a clip, new bolt and a new plastic washer. 80 cents. They didn't have metric. so, sae allen head bolt. works great and look like oem. when the rest falls apart. going to do the samething. The last time i needed one. they had to order it. a lousey well nut.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
took the fairing off to change my oil and one of those dam well nuts fell apart. I'm not going to spend an other $3.00 dollars for a lousey nut. went to ace. got a clip, new bolt and a new plastic washer. 80 cents. They didn't have metric. so, sae allen head bolt. works great and look like oem. when the rest falls apart. going to do the samething. The last time i needed one. they had to order it. a lousey well nut.
:ttiwwop:

you been around here so long Rocket I'm surprised you didn't know you can buy the aftermarket fairing bolt kits. Places like Cycle Gear or just about any shop will sell you colored bolt kits that come with about 5-8 Well nuts(5mm) for under 10bucks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:ttiwwop:

you been around here so long Rocket I'm surprised you didn't know you can buy the aftermarket fairing bolt kits. Places like Cycle Gear or just about any shop will sell you colored bolt kits that come with about 5-8 Well nuts(5mm) for under 10bucks.:thumbsup:

I was in a pinch, Blue. Getting the bike ready for a big ride in the morning. get the fairing back on or miss the ride.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I was in a pinch, Blue. Getting the bike ready for a big ride in the morning. get the fairing back on or miss the ride.

Have a fun but safe ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
591 Posts
i have a problem with over-tightening things, and i destroyed 3 well nuts...damn, i had to pay 6 bucks each for them...where did you get them for $3?

rob

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, my local parts guy has a small bin full of em for like a buck a piece.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cycle clowns here are a joke. i get a few things from them. they screw up oil thats already package. we have a big bolt company here that sells to the public. the allen head bolt is just 25 cents. I need to go there and buy all the fairing and clips for my bike.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Well...nuts on that. Sorry, had to.

Pretty expensive for some well-nuts.
Good solution if it works for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts