Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
ruining it for future generations,

id say enjoy watching ben, nicky, colin, and hopper race at the world level now because when they are done so is American representation.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Rumor has it that Mladin and crew might be out for the weekend at heartland park.. according to Dave Williams from (OnTheThrottletv.) from his twitter page... also blake young is not happy with the track as well so time will only tell whats instore for the weekend... always some sort of drama with the AMA/DMG/Nasbike ...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Is this setup largely different from how superpole is done now in the AMA? I am unsure if his is just a rule "rewording" or a completely different procedure.

I am apart of the executive with my regional race club and we do rule "rewording" to clarify a couple times a year. If that is the case, I don't see why anyone would mind.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
That sucks for the fan but safty is first...I respect that..

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I don't see the problem here? I think if DMG was offering to pay more $ someone would bitch just to be apart of the band wagon :rolleyes:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
Maybe Im not reading it right but I dont like the idea of reversing the field. If you quilify 1st you should start first...not 10th.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=37504

this crap just gets better and better man these people are so dumb and dont belong in motorcycle racing... I saw a interview with mladin the other day and he said he dont even care anymore about the racing.. and has given up...
http://www.onthethrottle.com/content/view/258/30/
the rrw link appears to be making the rules a little more specific on late arrival for Superpole and when computer may not be hooked up to a bike....where is the problem????

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Maybe Im not reading it right but I dont like the idea of reversing the field. If you quilify 1st you should start first...not 10th.
nowhere did I read that they are reversing the field...on that if you are late, you will be relegated to 10th place on the starting grid......

Copied from RRW link......

ii. All Superpole qualified machines must be placed (staged) in single file order, as per pit lane markings/cones, no less than five minutes before the scheduled start time of the Superpole session. Machines must be placed on stands, and tire warmers powered by small portable generators may be fitted. No other maintenance or adjustments of any kind are permitted, and at no time following the five minute period can a computer be connected to any part of the motorcycle. Any machine that arrives late for single file staging will be excluded from Superpole, and that rider will be placed in 10th position on the starting grid for the race.

vi. Any rider that (shows up late) arrives late for the Superpole staging-to-start flag warm-up lap procedure will be fined and excluded from Superpole. (He will be placed in 10th position on the grid.) This rider will not be allowed to take part in Superpole on-track activities for the event in question, and will be placed in 10th position on the starting grid for the race.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Rules for racing should NOT be that complicated at ALL. There is no reason why people should be debating over a rulebook. It just clarifies how bad it is here. Once again, GayMa/ DMG has fucked up something else.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
MLDN's a bitch. Go suzi.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Rules for racing should NOT be that complicated at ALL. There is no reason why people should be debating over a rulebook. It just clarifies how bad it is here. Once again, GayMa/ DMG has fucked up something else.
reading that, it doesn't sound complicated at all to me.....maybe clarifying some rules or something, but this doesn't point to anything to me.....maybe it was a case of the riders were exposing a gray area in the rule book and DMG decided to spell everything out? who knows??

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
i. The starting order will be opposite of the qualifying order [i.e. 10th will go first, 9th will go second, etc.].

This is the part under question for me mach. Maybe someone can help me, I must not be understanding it properly.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
i. The starting order will be opposite of the qualifying order [i.e. 10th will go first, 9th will go second, etc.].

This is the part under question for me mach. Maybe someone can help me, I must not be understanding it properly.
I see what you are talking about now.....the way I read it, it means that the 10th fastest before Superpole will go first with the fastest going last.....maybe someone can comment on that and see if they read it the same way??? not sure.....

on a side note.....anyone watch the replay of the weekends race? See the interview with Pegram?? Mladin a class act? Not so sure about that.......

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
I see what you are talking about now.....the way I read it, it means that the 10th fastest before Superpole will go first with the fastest going last.....maybe someone can comment on that and see if they read it the same way??? not sure.....

on a side note.....anyone watch the replay of the weekends race? See the interview with Pegram?? Mladin a class act? Not so sure about that.......
I have DVRed it mach, hope to watch it this afternoon or maybe Tuesday.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts

So the fastest in practice will go 10th in qualifying? Is that right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts