Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was at the track today and it was lil colder then normal bout 50-60 and it was windy went down into this turn we call the hole and "BAM" front tire washed right out from under me, it happened so fast i don't really know how it happened but i think it was a combo of poor body position cold track and cold tires...luckily i was only going about 10-15mph and my shogun sliders did there job perfectly, only bummer was it smashed my brand new pipe, and amazingly enough it put a small dent in my swing arm??? But i just got right up started the bike, went to the pros got some advice and we worked on correct body position for a few hours and just put it all behind us!! But other then that no real damage and my gear saved me from some raspberry!

You can kinda see the small lil dent from the can on the swing arm in pic #5

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
dang bro....glad to hear your okay...and was able to get up and start riding again....hope your ego recovers too....gl on getting the bike back together

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also if anybody knows where i can find the RH engine cover that would be great i cant seem to find it!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i think my ego is actually better, cause afterwords i had a few of the very experienced vets giving me one on one with my body position so i feel tons more fluid on the bike now then before!...Also ive decided to keep my 10 a street bike and buy a tracked out 600, i rode my buddies and within a lap or two i felt more comfortable and faster on it...You live and learn, and what dont kill you makes you stronger and hopefully better rider!

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
glad you're okay and good luck getting the cosmetic stuff sorted wish I had some parts to throw your way

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
close one man, glad you or your bike isnt too bad

·
Registered
292 Posts
Damn man that sucks. Minimal damage though and your not hurt so that is the main thing.

I damaged the same engine covers as you when I went down recently. Got all the parts from Mary at superbike supply.

Starter clutch cover (14091) 14091-0860
plug timing hole cover x2 (92066) 92066-0067
Gasket (11061P) 11061-0336
and the bolt numbers are
(92153B) 92153-1010 {short ones I think}
(92153C) 92153-1315 {long ones}

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah I think you should definitely get another bike as a track bike. Something that you wouldnt mind laying it down if you had to. I think going out and buying a brand new bike and taking it to the track is not a good idea unless you just got money to burn. That's why I don't hit the track that often. Luckly I have never laid my bike down but I know it's just a matter of time. We all fall eventually!

·
Registered
411 Posts
like the idea "i plan to live forever, so far so good"

"i plan to stay upright forever, so far so good" hahahah

but 2b honest i have had 1 fall, a fair while back, before i got the zx10... but it was kawasaki's fault! :p The bike wasn't that old, just did 1st service, and I hadn't noticed (life was busy with work and whatnot, + im a retard sometimes) but my bike started leaking oil from the main bolt underneath... Finding some oil marks in my garage after the accident was a giveaway (just got the bike back from service the day before - so they service guys didn't pick up on it either)...

went around a corner and the whole bolt comes out, squirts oil all over my back tyre... end of story.

Took it back to the dealer (where i get it serviced) told 'em the whole story (rang home, which is when i found out about the oil marks)... the guys at the dealer check the bike out, replace all messed up bits with parts from a demo bike on the floor, and i was back on the road same-day. They didn't charge me a cent.

well i think my ego is actually better, cause afterwords i had a few of the very experienced vets giving me one on one with my body position so i feel tons more fluid on the bike now then before!...Also ive decided to keep my 10 a street bike and buy a tracked out 600, i rode my buddies and within a lap or two i felt more comfortable and faster on it...You live and learn, and what dont kill you makes you stronger and hopefully better rider!
As for you hooch, dunno how you could do it - but pass those tips on to me! hahaha. Just incase your old american vets know something I don't over here :p

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
looks good dude- compared to what it couldve of been

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Atleast it was at the track and not in front of a car, anyway's looks like the pipe put that mark on the swingarm. Glad your ok and the bike too

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
That sux! You might need to upgrade your tires to the pilot power 2ct's or the power one 2ct's? :idea:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That sux! You might need to upgrade your tires to the pilot power 2ct's or the power one 2ct's? :idea:
funny thing is I do have brand new pilot power 2cts it was just scold day!...and thanks for the info on the part numbers, I should have her fixed in no time!

·
Registered
17 Posts
As a trackday owner the best advice I can give you is get some DOT race tires if you plan on doing track days. I understand that with those tires comes tire warmers and stands but that is a lot cheaper than a wrecked bike and broken bones. If it is really hot like it is in Texas you can get away with street tires to a point, but the problem with street tires is you have no warning when they let go. Race tires slide and push letting you know you are at the limit.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As a trackday owner the best advice I can give you is get some DOT race tires if you plan on doing track days. I understand that with those tires comes tire warmers and stands but that is a lot cheaper than a wrecked bike and broken bones. If it is really hot like it is in Texas you can get away with street tires to a point, but the problem with street tires is you have no warning when they let go. Race tires slide and push letting you know you are at the limit.
well like I said my plan is no more track days with her and to buy my buddies 07 zx-6r for 3500! I'm just bummed cause that can was brand new :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts