Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I wound up taking the bike out to Orlando speedway. I was unsure if they would let me run in my steel toe boots and not having a chain guard! but they did!!! I'm 8" stretched, 1- front 1+ back no spray on the bike all motor.

First run was of course getting to know the track was kinda nervous....

1st run = 10.41 @ 137.3
2nd run = [email protected] 139.82
3rd = 9.949 @ 140.14
4th run = they shut the left lane down so i did a single pass but didn't they didn't let me know how they were gunna set the tree ran a 10.013 @ 140.12
5th run = 9.853 @ 141.33 <--- all time best with me as rider
6th run = 9.931 @ 141.45
7th run = 9.904 @ 140.18

well I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I finally got my fatass in the 9's!!!! I'm cutting down the weight so hopefully that will help and my 60's got down to 1.7's and on the 9.85 run it was 1.691 and my last pass was a 1.679.

all in all I had a blast and the bike ran great. made monstrous power as usually and is pretty damn torquey.... and its not bad for me not going to the strip in i don't know how long and the bike set up the way it is.

What do ya guys think? Oh yeah I beat pretty much all the bikes except the first one cause of my 10.4 hehehhehehe :badteeth:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
good job
with your set up give it time and youll see low 9s consistently.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx man, I hope so.... I gotta get my r/t's and 60' down good and i will be set.... next time i go out i wanna bring the laptop the bike was running pretty rich so just gotta make some small adjustments but I'm real happy for now.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
this should be in the strip section

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the 210 range so near probably 220-225 lbs range:rolleyes:

I've been working out every day doing lots of cardio tryin to cut the weight since I'm living by myself up in Orlando now, have some free time until i can find a job so eating good and working out.

I wanna get down to about 200 geared, i have a bigger frame and 190 is like my ideal weight so ya know...... they make a lil bottle i stick on my bike and it makes up for that lol

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahahah if i ever finished my 660 conversion and still had the juice maybe possible lol..... hell stock cbr 600s stretched and geared run like low 10's or high 9's lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm in the 210 range so near probably 220-225 lbs range:rolleyes:

I've been working out every day doing lots of cardio tryin to cut the weight since I'm living by myself up in Orlando now, have some free time until i can find a job so eating good and working out.

I wanna get down to about 200 geared, i have a bigger frame and 190 is like my ideal weight so ya know...... they make a lil bottle i stick on my bike and it makes up for that lol
I was just curious because I too am a bigger guy and weigh in around 220lbs ungeared. What exactly are you making at the rear wheel?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
don't really know, figures vary from 160 to 197 lol...... dynos don't mean anything no a days to many inconsistent dynos..... I had it up on a dynojet 150 modle and it read 160hp and with the 22% calculation that factory pro says i had a bit over 195 dynojet number.

I really do not know but the motor feels awesome anyways. the first gsxr i raced with that 10.4 I slammed the limiter 2 times but I was catching him reallly fast. I raced him again later on in the night and he was running a bit better as wel but he lost to me the last time i raced him.

·
Registered
244 Posts
don't really know, figures vary from 160 to 197 lol...... dynos don't mean anything no a days to many inconsistent dynos..... I had it up on a dynojet 150 modle and it read 160hp and with the 22% calculation that factory pro says i had a bit over 195 dynojet number.

I really do not know but the motor feels awesome anyways. the first gsxr i raced with that 10.4 I slammed the limiter 2 times but I was catching him reallly fast. I raced him again later on in the night and he was running a bit better as wel but he lost to me the last time i raced him.

hmmm, interesting. I just figured your bike would trap a good bit higher than 141 with your listed mods. I don't even want to go to the strip now. lol.........I will probably trap low 130's. :sad:

I guess weight really does kill these machines.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah sad thing is my bike has gone 9.85 once before and at 145mph!!!! oh yeah STOCK WHEEL BASE TO lol...... but that was with a 170lbs-ish rider who has been going at it for years..... I think its the weight thats slowing me down.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
9.8 is nice. with out doing any engine work thats my goal on swb, lowered and strapped. like you said you can push 190hp but that doesnt mean shit. like you said, your ride doesnt mean shit if you cant ride it.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup defiantly, and I'm not one to say oh well I'm faster than you or what not, I want to actually be faster than you and be able to prove it ya know..... It all boils down to skill and that is something I think I can work on!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
hell yea, the rider makes the bike-the bike doesnt make the rider...well maybe in the suzuki world of squids gp.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Fantastic times!! That makes me really nervous to go to the track as I am about 240lbs if I don't eat breakfast at 6 foot 3. My minimum weight I can get down to (0 percent body fat) is 200. So if I starve myself then die I can get to 220lbs geared :( I don't have near the mods you do but I'm -1 in the front plus 2 in the rear and that's actually pretty damn nasty I may go to a larger tire or smaller sprocket in the rear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts