Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at gap a couple if weeks ago and got bad gas at the deals gap station.i contacted them and they had the state come out and test it it had diesel in it.so far they have shut down deals gaps distributer and tracked the contamanated gas back to south carolina.but hey they are paying for my maintnance on my bike do to bad gas.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i was at gap a couple if weeks ago and got bad gas at the deals gap station.i contacted them and they had the state come out and test it it had diesel in it.so far they have shut down deals gaps distributer and tracked the contamanated gas back to south carolina.but hey they are paying for my maintnance on my bike do to bad gas.
wow that sucks a big one. i think i spent at least 150 dollars at the umps in june. no problems here, it must have been a later batch. thank god.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that great that they step up to the plate. any serious damage done to the motor?.
not that i know of.i had the shop drain the tank and clean it and refilled it with gas and it dont smoke anymore.i have the wrong plugs in now,because mine got fowled to shit.so i need to pick them up and send them the bill for the work they did at shop and plugs and a tank of gas,but not from that station.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone know of anything i need to have checked after having bad gas that could serously go wrong with bike.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
wow, thats good they are doing something for you!!! Get every penny you can out of them, cause thats shity on your engine!!!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i would have a shop go through the entire bike. change the gas, oil and oil filter, spark plugs, run BK44 or something similar to clean the fuel injectors. i'd then run an entire tank of gas through it at least once before i considered it "fixed" and case closed.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Daamn that sux! I'm surprised they're owning up to it? They could've been like you didn't get that gas from us, our gas is good. Sorry buddy! :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
i would have a shop go through the entire bike. change the gas, oil and oil filter, spark plugs, run BK44 or something similar to clean the fuel injectors. i'd then run an entire tank of gas through it at least once before i considered it "fixed" and case closed.
:+1:

You dont want a few days after you get the bike back to run into problems, and then you're SOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts