Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..last week..my beloved gen2 and all my tools...bike stands..air compressor..generator...everything in my 'shop' was stolen. :sad: Since I live in an apt...I rent and store all my stuff in a 24hr gated storage place...been doing it for many many years. They do have cameras, but still cant make out the jack asses faces. Police looked at the video from that night and said 3 guys with a uhaul broke in...and were in and out in about 20-30min. They had to work to get my bike out though. Believe it or not im more pissed about the tools and shit they took. I have great ins on the bike (up to $12000 claim and zero deductable) and also renters ins on the storage..but it looks like I may get raped on the tool replacement. :rolleyes: (1000 deductable..and they subtract 'depreciation, age and use from tool claims) which I think is bullshit since 90% of my tools were craftsman....how can a 'lifetime warranty' depreciate?
This is my 2nd bike stolen in 2 years. First bike was my 06 CBR1000RR that was stolen from my work..parked right on a front porch next to a window...:headshake I have been on some kind of 2 wheels since I was 5...and the thought of not riding kills me...but Im thinking on giving it up..at least for a year or so. I have been talking about getting a newer pick up truck to replace my old hooptie of a truck..lol, (76 gmc long bed) Getting into a house with a garage isnt an option...but maybe looking for a garage to rent may be if I do get another bike now. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
125 Posts
First off, crime doesn't pay for long, so they will get their shit that's owing to them sooner or later. I hope so anyway. I HATE thieves who target hard working people. Pure rat shit.

I would re-assess your bike storage and security before re-investing. Maybe check for your own cams to go in the storage unit with better quality. Probably not cheap, but it's better than finding your wheels and tools gone.

Maybe something like this... It is going to fill some trousers with brown or at least get the attention of the police.

·
Registered
409 Posts
my gen 3 was stolen last summer. ive never felt so sick.

sorry to hear. good luck with the claims process. all you can dream is that the asshole who stole it, crashed it and is now paralyzed. at least that helped me.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks yall. I'm really diggin the 12g booby trap!! I wouldn't use a blank...tho. lol. Only problem with using my own cameras is there's no electric to each unit..or I'd have a full brinks home security system put in. I need to talk to my ins agent and see how this will affect my rates or coverage...2 stolen vehicles in 2 years...they may not even choose to keep me if I get another bike.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. It sucks but have you taken a look at the people who you associate with? I'm saying that sometimes the people who we "think" are our friends really are not.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
I really hate to hear that man. I hope you come out ok on your insurance claim and your able to find a good place for your future stuff.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Man thats some garbage I hope everything works out buddy

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Man I wish you had that 12g booby trap hooked to your bike that would have looked great on video:lol: I just hope they get what they deserve, dont give up on riding those fags cant win!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts