Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my tank off the bike zx 10 2007, and put fuel into he intake, and that was the first it tried to start. I figured I needed to pull the injectors and backflush them, in case any water got in the system. Before I did, and this was the third time I checked voltage there, I had my 12 volt test light and I touched the wire and got a real dim light, even though the multi meter says 12 v. now I immediately touched the positive terminal to the battery and the light was much brighter. How can 2 12 volt sources, produce different out puts?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,808 Posts
Voltage doesn't have much to do with it. Amperage is the key. A test light is only good for checking basic voltage, activation, and connectivity in a circuit. Something like that won't tell you the amperage produced. Plus, it takes power from the circuit to light the test light itself. There is also resistance in a circuit using wires. The only thing your test light showed you is that there is more amperage directly at the source than there is at the other end of the wires.

As a test, you could go buy some of these 12 volt batteries and see if you can start the engine with it. I'd bet $10 it won't work, which is really strange since it's a 12v battery the same as the battery normally on the bike. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Liquid Product Font Rectangle Electronic device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts