Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently went to the track, i came off the line too high and came down pretty hard, when i got to the end of the track i noticed a small oil leak, i didnt hit the oil plug bolt didnt even hit the tab in front of it,:dontknow: the leak is dropping off the backside of the pan slowly........anybody know what this might be...thank u for any help

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

notice the plug is in the front its dripping where my finger is....sorry for the crappy pics

leaked this much in about 20 min after running a little bit

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is it wet anywhere above it?? you can look at my thread I have a phantom oil leak as well Im trying to figure out. It ran down and off the oil pan but after looking its coming from up above and behind the sprocket cover but its not the Valve cover or head.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Take off the fairings and wash it the bike, do an inspection FIRST. I don't know if they still do it but but every bike I've crashed has leaked oil and ends up coming from the oil breather on top of the valve cover. It's normal and can leak for a while. I had a 89 gsxr 750 I crash and I didn't run it from when I crashed it and it was still dripping oil 6 months later. It just pooled up top butthe oil level was fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not coming from the caps ive been down that road already lol it sucked guess im gonna have to take it apart to find it ugh
:bs:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I still have the factory header but I cracked my pan three time, leaks where you describe. Mine cracks on the thin or flat part next to the sump, my exhaust hit the ground and goes up into pan. The pic is my second go around and I added some reinforcement.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
I still have the factory header but I cracked my pan three time, leaks where you describe. Mine cracks on the thin or flat part next to the sump, my exhaust hit the ground and goes up into pan. The pic is my second go around and I added some reinforcement.
:+2: had same problem on mine. Hair line crack above mid pipe area where it goes under oil pan. Took forever to find. Remove mid pipe, run bike till its warmed up. Shut off, you'll be able to see where its leaking from. Temp Fix on mine by cleaning area and using jb weld. Pan can be welded probally from inside to seal, but a new one is olny abot 120.00 -150.00 from ronayers.com. good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mrbzx7 im in the same boat as u i took the header off and there it was about a 2in crack on the oil pan, header bolts were quite loose too idk torque specs but im pretty sure i shouldnt have been able to turn some of them by hand, im going to figure out a way to make that spot stronger.......i dont want to go through this again

thank u guys for ur help :eek:ccasion1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts