Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone

My 05' 10 with now 1300miles on it has a weird idle. It sputters. It will be idling normal then you'll hear it sputter and the rpms go up n down. Only about 2-3 little rpm increments (going off the digital rpm cluster). It doesn't do it all the time, but when it does it keeps it up for the remainder of the day. It did this since I got it. Some times when this happens it feels like the bike lags during acceleration until I get around 10/15 mph or so.

Now I got the bike about a month ago with 451 miles on it. It sat in this ladies garage after one summer of use. I have no ideal if it was started and ran or what. I was just told her friend who she co-signed for couldn't pay the insurance after the first summer so it sat. Since I got the bike I did a oil/filter change at 1k with 10/40 Royal Purple/Kawi Filter, and I installed a BMC full race filter. On the last fill up I put in a full bottle of Fuel Injection cleaner thinking maybe since it sat so long something was a little clog. It really didn't help.

I turned my idle up a little also thinking eh maybe it's low even tho it was within Kawi's specs. That didn't help and m Idle is at about 1400/1500rpms now. I kept it there. I didn't switch it back.

Does anyone know what could be wrong or is this all normal and am I thinking to much? My friend tho has a 04' 10 with 5k on it and his perrrs like a kitten with no issues. So eh??

If need I can get a sound clip. It might take a few days tho.

Any help would be appreciated. I just hope if somethings up from it sitting or w/e that it's minimal.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I would consider changing the plugs, that much injector cleaner in a small tank will do it no good whatsoever , most injector cleaner is kerosene based and doesnt burn too well.

Check your plugs and go from there.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but where am I going after the plugs? What plugs should I use? What place has them for the best price?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
NGK CR9EIA-9 for plugs , available at your local dealer.

I would check your own first , theres a how to on this site.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
There is a great How To for plugs listed in that section. You will need a special wrench and about 3 hours of your time.

Here is a large part of your problem. I believe with a BMC Race airfilter you will read on the directions that a REMAPPING is reccomended with that filter. The street filter does not require this.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

This was going on when I first bought the bike. I did not install the BMC filter until I did my first oil/Filter change @ 1k. I am sure your correct that a remapping is in order, but this issue was going on long before I got the Filter.

My buddy with the 04' 10 with 5k on it has a full header back and BMC Race with no pc3 (he is working on getting that next) and he has no issues from it. If anything it helped him a lot. His bike really flows. You can stand about 5 ft behind it and still feel the exhaust. I can only stand about 2 feet behind mine.

Anyhow I will read the "how to" and try to do this Sat. I guess I gotta buy the special tool first. To bad no one lives close to me since I'm a noob with the 10 ;) Old Yami guy here.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts