Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hasn’t caused a real problem just yet but I’ve experienced a hesitation three or four times now, each maybe a couple weeks apart. It only seems to happen while at constant rpm between 4-6k and has happened in 1-4th gears. Power is briefly lost and throttle doesn’t respond as normal. Only lasts a second or two when it happens but it’s very noticeable, then kicks itself back to normal, lurching forward a bit. Tank is clean and only use high quality fuel, and hits redline no problem so I don’t assume it’s fueling unless the fuel map is glitching. Bike is stock except for swapped flashed ecu, all the emission stuff is turned off and using euro base maps. I have my unflashed stock ecu but haven’t tried switching it back yet. I do have the charcoal filter but I don’t overfill it and the hesitation has happened long after a fill-up. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the o2 sensor plugged?
I forgot to mention that. The replacement ECU is flash enabled by FTECU and I have their wide band sensor/lambda controller installed. Not currently running the active tune and it wasn’t on when the stumbling happened either, but yes the hole is filled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hasn’t caused a real problem just yet but I’ve experienced a hesitation three or four times now, each maybe a couple weeks apart. It only seems to happen while at constant rpm between 4-6k and has happened in 1-4th gears. Power is briefly lost and throttle doesn’t respond as normal. Only lasts a second or two when it happens but it’s very noticeable, then kicks itself back to normal, lurching forward a bit. Tank is clean and only use high quality fuel, and hits redline no problem so I don’t assume it’s fueling unless the fuel map is glitching. Bike is stock except for swapped flashed ecu, all the emission stuff is turned off and using euro base maps. I have my unflashed stock ecu but haven’t tried switching it back yet. I do have the charcoal filter but I don’t overfill it and the hesitation has happened long after a fill-up. Any ideas? Thanks
Are you 17-40 gearing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts