Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put my 05 on a diet. Anybody have any easy cheap ways to lighten her up some. I know somebody will say new wheels but I'm poor and can't dish out 2g's for wheels. I saw some where, where a guy bobbed his sub frame to make it lighter not sure if that's a good idea or not. Any suggestions will be great.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Start tearing her down and toss anything that doesn't look important.
+1 A lot of steel brackets/cable holders that you don't really need. The servo for the exhaust valve and all those cables. The light battery is the best savings for the money though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
for the very best weight reduction.. i recommend removing the engine.. youll have the lightest bike on the streets.. just wont be very fast :crackup::thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Drink just water for 30 days no food.That bikes as lite as a 600 waz up.?
lol...It's actually lighter than most 600s. :wink: +1 on the light battery 7lbs loss is a cheap mod especially if you have to replace a battery anyway for a few more bucks than stock.

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
add hp to help move weight faster.
sometimes it's not needed as much as on others......called Power/Weight ratio :wink:

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Really depends on how much you want to spend. The battery is by far the best bang for your buck. Fender eliminator can be pretty good. A sbk tail will also remove quite a bit of weight as there far less pieces and the seat material is alot lighter but not nearly as comfortable. Ti rotor bolts will help a bit but there not cheap.

Most important question is why are you trying to do this? My 10r is close to 30 pounds lighter than my 6r and the 6r is still far more nimble.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[QUOTE=jlg0987;1602361]Really depends on how much you
want to spend. The battery is by far the best bang for your buck. Fender eliminator can be pretty good. A sbk tail will also remove quite a bit of weight as there far less pieces and the seat material is alot lighter but not nearly as comfortable. Ti rotor bolts will help a bit but there not cheap.

Most important question is why are you trying to do this? My 10r is close to 30 pounds lighter than my 6r and the 6r is still far more nimble.[/QUOTE]

Well just doing my usual track days this year. Wanna see if it will make a difference.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Get full race fairings so you can drop lights and a ligtweight battery. Don't bother with anything else IMO.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts