Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you spend a week on gas? Is it going to get better? How much will you have to spend?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I spend about 30 dollars a week on gas between my cars, wifes cars and my bike......

half of that is on sundays for the bike

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
How much do you spend a week on gas?
$270 (work)

Is it going to get better?
No. After Labor Day it usually drops in price. But even with a drop in price from $3+ to $2+, it's still too high. I don't think demand is going to decrease. Only way it will change is if more refineries are built or we drill for oil off CA, FL or in AK.

How much will you have to spend?
I expect gas prices here (currently 2.99.9) to rise to 3.59.9 before the end of summer.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
$100-150 maybe a high estimate

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
:cool: Just filled up this morning........42 bucks but since i only live 2 miles from work it will last about 6 weeks
I spend more riding my bike than i do going to work
My old job i drove 30 miles 1 way, that would suck now

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
gas here works out to just a bit under $4US/Gallon... i dont drive much for work, probably $30/wk in my truck. the good stuff is about $4.35US/Gallon and my bike probably takes $40-$50/wk.

i doubt it will go down anytime soon.

the shit that irritates me the most about gas in canada is the price fluctuations.. its not rare for the price to up/down 40cents/Gallon every day.

·
Registered
941 Posts
This may sound f-ed up, but I don't care if the gas prices are high. The higher it goes, the less people will want to drive. One less death machine on the road is fine by me. Besides, broke ass mo-fo's can't afford to maintain their car properly, which translates to me to be more fluids on the road, less air in their tires which reduces drivability, brakes that are worn out, and turn signals that don't work.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
cost me $50 to fill up the other day, I to live close to work (4 miles)
but I mow several yards throughout the summer so I do some running
around & it does'nt last long.

$3.31 a gal here in my area. :headshake

·
Registered
615 Posts
Costs me to run the truck about $35 a week......But now days, I am going to Havasu every weekend or so.....track days in between...so i might spend anywhere from $150-$200 in fuel on the weekend.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just in my works trucks they use close to $1000 per week. But they also do 3000 miles a month. Gat is at 3.29.9 for the good shit

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I drive a diesel f250 truck, used to be the cheapest fuel around...now it's right at 3 bucks a gallon. Wife has a Tahoe, not the most econamical vehicle. The bikes are 17 dollars a fill up...:dontknow: The oil co.s are breaking all time profit records, time to reign them in a bit!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nothing, All the officers in my department have take home patrol cars. The city keeps them full :thefinger
for the bike it varies on how much i ride, which fluctuates greatly...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Probably on average $50 on the bike $70 on the car. Summer months this changes a fair bit.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
about $35 every 2 weeks in the wife's van and about $35 every 3-4 weeks in my van and about $40 a month for the bike. I have to fill up off base for the bike and it runs about $20 to fill it up. I did not add in any extra riding into these numbers. Gas right now is $3.01.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts