Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What programs or add-ons are out there to save web pages? I have seen some people post on here of pics of their desktop or entire web pages, how and the hell do you do that?

I am running Window XP Media Edition and Firefox browser.

·
Registered
124 Posts
On your keyboard hit the Print Screen button. It is above the number pad. That puts an image copy of your desktop on your clip board. You would then need to open something like MS Paint or a graphics program like Photoshop and paste the image in there. Either by pressing Ctrl + v or by selecting Edit -> Paste from the tool bar after opening the program. Now you can save the image. You can also paste the image into word or outlook.

If you just want an image of what is in your browser window and not your entire desktop you would select the browser window and press Alt + Print Screen.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well damn:thumbsup: Pretty friggin easy:lol:, didn't know that one to save my life:rolleyes: Desktop test:eek:ccasion1
dt.jpg

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With all those security icons your desktop screams PARANOID!!!! :mrgreen::lol:
:lol: No just keeping the 'puter going strong and CLEAN:wink:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If keeping your comp clean and secure is important you should really look into the Kaspersky Internet security program, pretty much covers every aspect of adware, spyware, viruses, warns and blocks ports if it detects a hack attempt etc etc. I used it for quite awhile before I ran my connection through a router and it worked great!!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
If keeping your comp clean and secure is important you should really look into the Kaspersky Internet security program, pretty much covers every aspect of adware, spyware, viruses, warns and blocks ports if it detects a hack attempt etc etc. I used it for quite awhile before I ran my connection through a router and it worked great!!
:+1:

Got it on my wife's and my computers. Works very, very well. Used to run Webroot, Counterspy and Zone Alarm and had all kinds of problems with pictures not loading, limited access to some sites, sloooooow loading of sites. Before that I had Norton and talk about a bloated resource hog! Almost as bad as any Microsoft OS since Windows 98 SE.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Norton is a BIG resource hog indeed. I haven't had any problems with what I have, and the 'puter hasn't had any issues. I am in the process of getting the Kaspersky on though and trying it out.

So when I load it, should I take the rest off? Would there be a function conflict with other programs (i.e. spyware, adware, etc. types of programs)?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
TBH I'm not sure if they would conflict but I try to never run any 2 or more programs that perform the same function. I was like you, running multiple programs every few days, one for viruses, one for adware, one for spyware, a firewall etc. I bought and installed Kaspersky and deleted all the other programs and had better results. To be on the safe side I'd delete every trace of the previous programs and then install Kaspersky.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did that exactly, and it works awesome...I love Kaspersky:thumbsup:. Actually when I started to do the install, Kaspersky told me that there was conflicts with other programs that I had on the computer......I just deleted them all though. There is an option in the settings that you can select for compatibility with other defense programs, though you lose some function in Kaspersky (i.e anti-dialer, anti-publicity, etc.). So, I just left that be:eek:ccasion1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts