Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anybody ran or run now the web cams, lift .356\.335 duration 272\271 [email protected] 252\245 grind 187\1077 regrinds?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot Tasos:hello:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
i know bob carpenter uses this cam with good results

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
both he only use's web cams

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
haha wrong web cams

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Tone I think those cams dont add any extra lift to them.... .356 is 9.04mm which stock were at 9.1 and race intakes were 9.7

didnt you have a kawi intake race on your bike???

·
Registered
772 Posts
so Garth...please explain to me what these "regrind" cams will do for a stock engine with thin head gasket?i dont wana pay for something that doesnt benefit me...u seem to be the only one with real answers around here:thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Web has other re-grinds as well.... they will for sure benefit you if you get the right ones, the ones that Tone has lifted above seems to be about stock lift with a lil added duration. Really the kawi intake race cam had great gains on pretty much all applications so I would say if you got something with a lil more lift like a .385" or 9.7mm intake cam thats what I would shoot for.

also the other reason why they may not add lift is because they want you to run high compresison pistons. I really dont know if they are just being careful and not wanting any piston to valve clearance or what not with what ever pistons they are using but I know that even with my .45 gasket and decked .015" (total decking .023") I still have good room for cams.

On the note of cams.... I have not tried this, I wish I had someone who wanted to try it..... the 08-09 race intake cam runs about 150 bucks on ronayers.....

that race cam has 9.7 lift and 296*duration
the stock 04-07 has 9.1lift and 300* duration.....

so I mean I wish I had the dyno and a bike to try it on but you would sacrafice4* duration but add .6mm lift to your cams.... this is something I wish I could test but I really dont have the dyno to do it for... I might sometime in the future but not now. just food for thought.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think this is a good cam set up from WEB

.384/.358 272°/268° 248°/241° 540/11i
Hardweld 60-741 $758.00

that is listed for the 04-05 but will fit all year 10rs

·
Registered
772 Posts
hmm i think i may try that...so this cam will fit the 04-05 huh?just swap the intake cams out?do u move the stock intake to the exhaust side or leave it alone?sorry for all the ??? your just a damn kawi knowledge bank haha

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah pretty much all year ZX-10r cams will interchange dimensionally wise....

as for exhaust cam's leave them alone they are pretty good stock and most advantages have been on the exhaust side... I've tried a modded intake on the exhaust side, a race cam (which has smaller lobes) and the stock cam always makes best power.

if you have access to a dyno I would do a before and after, straight drop in cam, same degrees and everything to see if it really helps with the extra lift.

To bad your way up in the panhandle we could have done some testing :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
yeah pretty much all year ZX-10r cams will interchange dimensionally wise....

as for exhaust cam's leave them alone they are pretty good stock and most advantages have been on the exhaust side... I've tried a modded intake on the exhaust side, a race cam (which has smaller lobes) and the stock cam always makes best power.

if you have access to a dyno I would do a before and after, straight drop in cam, same degrees and everything to see if it really helps with the extra lift.

To bad your way up in the panhandle we could have done some testing :)
i see kentcams makes e...but do u have a part number because i dont see the "race cam" on ron ayers....im def gona do this and its gona happen very quickly so ill give u all the info i can come up with! thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hmm, I have full access to a dyno. I just haven't wanted to pull the valve cover. What do you think Garth, am I going to need better springs/new retainers for that kind of lift?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Hmm, I have full access to a dyno. I just haven't wanted to pull the valve cover. What do you think Garth, am I going to need better springs/new retainers for that kind of lift?
I and others have ran the race intakes with stock valve train with no issues, I beat the piss outta my motor on stock valvetrain and race intake cam so I'd say it would be good to go.

Only thing I would do, is dyno the bike stock/tuned then dyno the bike with stock cams degreed/tuned and then drop the 08+race intake in degreed/tuned and see the hp difference's to actually kwnow hats doing what.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts