Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Since putting the Akra full system and doing the Pair mod, I have a weasing sound every so often coming from under the gas tank. It sounds like pressure being released from the fuel rail. This didn't happen before I did the pair mod.
Any thoughts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
thats normal...mine has done it since the day i bought it so has my buddies 07 and another friends 07 zx14......as they put it "its a kawi thing get" its only the tank relieving pressure

·
Registered
599 Posts
Haha!!!! I thought it was the "pressurizing" sound that all the 10's made?
Yep, it's the tank pressurizing. Mine does it ALL the time, nothing to worry about. If it bugs you that much just pop your cap and then close it :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has never done this before I did the pair mod. It also does it when the bike has not been run, and if you just bump into it, or working on it. Very strange.

·
Registered
549 Posts
..lol typical '10' eccentricity

...mine usually 'weazes' when the tanks virtually empty and the gas vapor content has increased, especially if heated by the sun... my 2 gen 1's did it and the gen 3 does it too :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yeah mine will do it on a hot day most of the time when the tank is near full..
Sounds like a dial up modem connecting to the net!
When people ask *what the hell is that noise* I just tell em its connecting the the kawasaki server for updates:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts