Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dang that really sucks. I learned the hard way also but not to the same extent. Now it doesn't matter how hot it is I am always geared up.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yeah read that before. Pretty crappy. Thats why I NEVER ride the same way with someone riding backpack, then when I ride alone!! It sounds like Shaun had no regard for her and just went rompin on the throttle like it was nothin!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have been down a few times. Always geared up so rash and bruises were minimal.

The the most important thing that was left out in the link is the current status of the BOOBIES relating to the R.R.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
thats just scary and disgusting to think about herein my neck of the woods dudes are always wear minimal clothing as far as their chicks...wow they are freakin gorgeous and showing every part off of their body...shorts and tank tops....it just makes me think of hat could happen...

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
:goodpost:

i have been down a few times myself and still could always wear more gear. the older i get the more i find that more gear is a nessessity.

stories like this make me feel thankful that my wife isn't into riding. since she is the only person i would ever ride 2up with, i don't have to worry about a passenger. if she ever wanted to get into it she would have her own bike.

i'm barely responsible enough for myself, let alone being responsible for a passengers life

·
Registered
162 Posts
thats just scary and disgusting to think about herein my neck of the woods dudes are always wear minimal clothing as far as their chicks...wow they are freakin gorgeous and showing every part off of their body...shorts and tank tops....it just makes me think of hat could happen...
that's what kills me the most.......rider wearing gloves, jacket, jeans and boots and the girl on back in shorts, little t-shirt, no gloves and tennis shoes. Or even worse.....same geared up rider with his damn kid on the back with a f'n open face helmet and shorts and tennis shoes because he likes to ride but dad's too cheap to buy him gear :BangHead:

·
Registered
162 Posts

i have been down a few times myself and still could always wear more gear. the older i get the more i find that more gear is a nessessity.

stories like this make me feel thankful that my wife isn't into riding. since she is the only person i would ever ride 2up with, i don't have to worry about a passenger. if she ever wanted to get into it she would have her own bike.
i'm barely responsible enough for myself, let alone being responsible for a passengers life
I kind of wish I could just ride by myself sometimes cuz I sorta feel the same way about not worrying about a passenger. But for some reason I feel a hell of a lot less stressed out with the girlfriend on the back than I do when she's on her own bike. I can't control what she does on her own bike and it makes me nervous to see her in corners and at intersections. She's a great passenger and I ride conservatively when she's back there so we don't have any issues but something about her riding her bike just freaks me out.

And it's cool that she's totally into the gear.....leather jacket, gloves, boots, armored textile pants....the whole nine yards (all the time).

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
riding without gear is very tempting when riding locally, but whenever I'm going out to the play with the boys its jacket and boots. I just hate sweating my ass off in the summer, so i don't do gear but ride at the speed limit...thats my precaution for going down without gear =/ silly i know

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
I feel bad for her and for others who are gonna experience the same thing she did due to lack of knowledge and an uncaring rider who doesnt tell her to gear up first. My gf never gets on my bike without her helmet, jacket and gloves ( she doesnt have boots yet but when next summer comes around she will ). I always gear up, i just dont always wear the pants.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
riding without gear is very tempting when riding locally, but whenever I'm going out to the play with the boys its jacket and boots. I just hate sweating my ass off in the summer, so i don't do gear but ride at the speed limit...thats my precaution for going down without gear =/ silly i know

sweating your ass off is alot less painfull then having to deal with all the pain of someone cleaning the dirt and debri out of your road rash...... at the hospital :badteeth:

·
Banned
257 Posts
sweating your ass off is alot less painfull then having to deal with all the pain of someone cleaning the dirt and debri out of your road rash...... at the hospital :badteeth:
getting out of the shower, and when the scabs start drying up:badteeth:
all you can do is cringe

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Hello MasterLink, and welcome to 2006!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Just bustin your balls man. Don't be a squid, wear the PROPER gear y'all, cause crashing sucks mmk?

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i ALWAYS gear up. if its too hot for gear, i dont ride. and if my wife rides with me, she wears her gear too, no exceptions. crashing sucks, had my share of them. road rash is a hard lesson learned, and a constant reminder of my early years on streetbikes. worst get off i had was a highside at 100+, wearing full leathers, walked away with a bruised heel. i see these clowns riding around with hardly nothing on, and there ladies too. only takes once, then its too late.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i always gear up, and never let a passenger on with out gear, thats why i have a set of girls gear!

·
Registered
111 Posts
:+1:

My heart breaks for this young lady, what should have been another enjoyable ride became a life altering experience.
Irresponsible riders can alter their lives and the lives of others in a millisecond. Young, dumb, and full of cum is just as bad as drunk and stupid when you hop on your ride.
I'm with Cool on this for myself and my children. I don't ride passengers on my streetbikes or my dirtbikes and bust my kids chops if I see them doing the same.
Dressing for the ride is just like wearing a seatbelt, once you've become accustomed to it you'll feel naked without it.
In my area, SE Texas, we've got a bunch of Loco's who ride without riding apparel or head/eye protection. I can see it with the young people but don't understand the Rub's. These are older well educated men and women enjoying the sport but certainly not appreciating the risk they place theirselves in. Most are novice riders who have no idea of just how unforgiving any spill on the road can be.

See ya,
Kelly

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I dress for the slide not for the ride, my whole family ride so I saw rash before I was tall enough to throw a leg over a street bike. I never leave without it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts