Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far my only complaint with the 10 is the feel on the front brake. My 636 had an awesome front brake.

Anyway, my question is this: Is switching to Carbonne Loraine SBK brake pads enough or will I need to get the Brembo M/C as well? I know the Brembo works wonders but I want to know what the results are from just switchig to the CL brake pads alone. I think it is the intial bite that I am missing. Eventually I will get the Brembo and be done with it but for right now I want to swap the pads.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
cyclops24 said:
So far my only complaint with the 10 is the feel on the front brake. My 636 had an awesome front brake.

Anyway, my question is this: Is switching to Carbonne Loraine SBK brake pads enough or will I need to get the Brembo M/C as well? I know the Brembo works wonders but i want to know what the results are from just switchig to the CL brake pads alone. I think it is the intial bitw that I am missing. Eventually I will get the Brembo and be done with it but for right now I want swap the pads.
Yes the OEM MC is weak and a few members have replaced it with a Brembo. Many have switched to ss-lines, diff pads & a high quality fluid with good results but i'm not sure about the CL pads your wanting to use.

BD

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really wanted to do a slip-on next but maybe it will be the Brembo and pads instead. Stopping is more important than sounding good.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The brakes on the 636 are so much better and all it can be is pads. Try the CL or SBS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did the pads, then lines with a little improvement. The Brembo MC made the most difference of course, still not perfect but much better! The Brembo MC will work with galfer superbike lines but it's a pain in the a**!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgrive my ignorance but did the 03 636 have the radial M/C? I thought just the 05 did. My 636 was an 03 perhaps I should've specified that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts