Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bad ass, im surprised it took the 14 that much longer to get to 100.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I would like to see a test such as this with all the bikes running the usual mods (FS, PC3). Obviously the Ten will still reign king, but it would be interesting to see how the line up would change. After all.....who leaves their bike stock?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ah as if I didn't talk enough crap already

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Mine doesn't feel all that fast to me haha.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
The test editor stated of the ZX10....

"This bike is enough to cause even seasoned riders to invoke a God they long since stopped believing in."
That's golden!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
MagicMavis! The 2009 edition performace bike magazines is not fair. I belive the GSXR 2009 has the most accleration from 0-100mph. I belive it becasue i rode 3 diffrent models of GSXR1000 (I rode many other sizes of GSXR as well). The GSXR1000 is so smooth at high speed, there is no other bike like GSXR1000. Engine is quite, the bike and riding position is so aero dynamic and the engine is incredibly smooth with less vibration than any other bike at high speed (160mph +). The GSXR actually gives you brave to ride fast (it is that smooth).There is absloutly nothing like a GSXR1000. The engine blown out (the magazine said) is not a good excuse. Suzuki quality is not so high but Suzuki made 1000cc superbike before most of those other manufactories have any 1000cc bike. [Never forget the experience]. No other bike gives you the feeling of a GSXR. It is that good when you ride it you don't want to get off the bike.

05 10R
1st gear 2.533 ratio.....95.6 mph
2nd gear 2.053 ..........117.9
3rd gear 1.737 ..........139.4
4th gear 1.524 ..........158.9
5th gear 1.381 ..........175.3
6th gear 1.304 ..........185.7

Results are miles per hour. Based on rear tire circumference of 70 inches, engine RPM of 13500 and 100% efficiency .......... ie no clutch or tire slip.
Remember the larger bikes (busa, 14 etc) are not only heavier, but geared higher (205 IIRC). Bolt an 18T on a 10r and see what happens.
Fastgas, That information is wrong.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Gearing, Gearing, Gearing.
you already said that in post 53 of this thread:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1344082#post1344082

:dontknow: sorry I thought I read those same words a few weeks ago in another thread and it turned out to be the same member. :lol:

With that said I assume you already calculated the gearing with a 10R against a BMW and others compared to HP, weight, Rider choice etc?.....I would say to wait for REAL HP#s on the Beamer but I want to see the math based on the Initial reports. :wink:

Reactions: ShervinRRR

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
MagicMavis! The 2009 edition performace bike magazines is not fair. I belive the GSXR 2009 has the most accleration from 0-100mph. I belive it becasue i rode 3 diffrent models of GSXR1000 (I rode many other sizes of GSXR as well). The GSXR1000 is so smooth at high speed, there is no other bike like GSXR1000. Engine is quite, the bike and riding position is so aero dynamic and the engine is incridibly smooth with less vibration than any other bike at high speed (160mph +). The GSXR actually gives you brave to ride fast (it is that smooth).There is absloutly nothing like a GSXR1000. The engine blown out (the magazine said) is not a good excuse. Suzuki quality is not so high but Suzuki made 1000cc superbike before most of those bike didn't have any 1000cc superbike. Never forget the experience. No other bike gives you the feeling of a GSXR. it is that good when you ride it you dont' want to get off the bike.
2009 Kawi GEN III ZX10 is #1.

In your defense I road the 07 GSXR1000 and the bike was very smooth. I was very comfortable on that bike. It was my friends bike and I wheelied it straight away. The seating position felt like I was on a tricycle. Not making a jab at the Gixxer, that's the only way I can describe it.

The GEN III ZX10 fits me like a glove and it's butter smooth to me. It feels like a 600 to me. Not the speed, but the nimbleness and the handling. Reminds me of my 05 636.

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
If that's so important to you, and is what makes you happy go buy a 2009 Yamaha R1. Then you should be the happiest person in the world. But be fore-warned, I tired that. I wasn't happy with the over-weight under-powered pig, but yeah man it won some races and a championship. But thinking about all the races it was winning, didn't make me smile when I was out riding it. :spit:

I dont think I ever smiled once from the day I rode it out of the dealership, I mostly frowned, then grimaced, then turned to anger, all in about a 2 day span.

I'm not stupid enough to buy an 09 R1... :heyyou: Just sayin.. :crackup:

I owned an 08 ZX10R.. I loved the bike. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts