Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I replaced my tires couple weeks, put down only couple hundred miles on them and it seems that there is a very strange wave pattern for the chicken strip. This wave only happens to the line closest to the middle and not the one near the edge of the tire.

What can be causing those??

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Thats just where the two different compounds meet. My Pirellis look the same. Dont worry about it man, totally normal

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Little plum sauce for your strips? :heyyou:
Yes please :crackup:

Ummm, why would the compound be joined in such a wavy pattern?

Thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
Lean that farker over, and be more agressive on the throttle and your waves will turn to this instead...
Chicken strips be gone :wink:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lean that farker over, and be more agressive on the throttle and your waves will turn to this instead...
Chicken strips be gone :wink:
Lots of street riding I see there :lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
your first problem is you put a pirelli tyre on your bike fukin rubbish tyre ( for a kawi)
my pirelli's didn't have a wavey transition in compounds nether does my bridgestones,
I'd check wheel balance or clickers on the rear shock also.
it could be nothing as said above but .
i'd still check it out. IE get the tyre fitterto rebalance the wheel to confirm THAT isn't the issue.

nekolak.

you got suspension issue going by that pic dude.
unless that shit on the edge of your tyre is debri from riding into the pits your settings are wrong.
while theres no tearing apparent theres too much debri Still on the shoulder of the tyre.
should only be small balls 3-4mm on the very edge..

·
Registered
268 Posts
I used to work at the local Kawi dealer and have seen that on new, on the shelf Pirellis. Some would have it some would not. We had our Parts Unlimited rep contact there Pirelli rep. They said it was nothing to worry about, that is was only a little extra of the softer rubber pushing over the top of the other compound in the mold when the tire is made.

Reactions: nekolak
1 - 11 of 11 Posts