Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had a problem with the waterpump on 06-07 10r's? Noticed small trickle from underneath waterpump housing. After taking out pump assembly, noticed the pump shaft turns hard and isn't smooth.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
None with mine either 31,000:thumbsup: Runnin strong:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
742 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with the waterpump on 06-07 10r's? Noticed small trickle from underneath waterpump housing. After taking out pump assembly, noticed the pump shaft turns hard and isn't smooth.
I had the same problem as you on my 04 (odo: 7000 km)

The shaft turning hard is normal.

The water comes out through a little vent hole in the water pump assy. That hole prevents water mixing with oil or viceversa, in an event such this.

To solve the problem you have to disassemble the pump to reach the back side of the propeller where the water seal is. You will find a lock washer (or a lock ring - I dont remember) at the shaft. Take this washer out and you´ll be able to pull the shaft with the propeller attached out from the pump housing.
Now you´ll see the water seal. There are two pieces. One white plastic washer tipe piece resting on a rubber one. Water makes its way between this two parts to the vent hole.
Clean with alcohol the white plastic part and the rubber and glue them together using a very tiny qty of good quality silicone. Just the minimum to stick the pieces.
Wait for the silicone to dry out to assemble everything back.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help...I was going to replace it here in the next few days but will give your fix a shot...thank you

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Mine is an 04 and it took a big dump on my this year yeah!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts