Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope it's noot a repost I thought this to be interesting

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population.)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
Washington study.

#5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
the computer screen or on a ! printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water
you should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries
two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from
the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke
and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour,
then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds
Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola
to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke
into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen
grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric
acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major
contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the
commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place
cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean
engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

or Coke?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,222 Posts
I've seen that before, but reading it again really makes you think about it.

Ironic that I am sipping down an ice cold Diet Coke as I read it :badteeth:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Boon dock saints quote....."So your telling me that all the ni$$ers and Sp%@ks are out of america??? I'll take a coke!" I just love the movie and that made me think of that line. Not racist here just funny line!!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
If you think Coke is a strong acid barf down the side of your car and see what stomach acid will do to your paint and the steel beneath it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
C'mon, didn't y'all ever soak a tooth in Coke when you were little?
That sets ya staright after seeing the crumbs that are left after a few days...:spit:

But here's another question, how much garbage is created from people throwing out thousands of 1 liter bottles of water? :spit:

·
Registered
86 Posts
thats why i drink beer

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did you guys hear about the chick who died from drinking too much water the other day?

There's no way this woulda happened if that was Coke.

story:

SACRAMENTO, California (Reuters) - The family of a California woman who died after participating in a radio station's water-drinking contest will sue the station, their lawyer said on Thursday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, a mother of three, died from suspected water intoxication after taking part in Friday's competition, "Hold your wee for a Wii." About 20 people tried to out-drink each other without going to the toilet to win a Nintendo Wii game console.

Sacramento station KDND-FM responded by firing 10 staffers, including several DJs. The DJs had joked about people dying from water intoxication and teasing Strange about her enlarged stomach.

"The station knew this was a dangerous and potentially deadly stunt, but flippantly dismissed the dangers," lawyer Roger Dreyer said in a statement. "Hearing the tape, it's very clear they knew of the dangers and could foresee that this could lead to Jennifer's death."

The station could not be reached for comment because its phone number was continuously engaged on Thursday evening.

Police are also investigating the death for possible criminal charges.

Water intoxication can prove deadly and cause irregular heartbeat, fluid in the lungs and swelling of the brain.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Doughboy said:
Did you guys hear about the chick who died from drinking too much water the other day?

There's no way this woulda happened if that was Coke.

story:

SACRAMENTO, California (Reuters) - The family of a California woman who died after participating in a radio station's water-drinking contest will sue the station, their lawyer said on Thursday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, a mother of three, died from suspected water intoxication after taking part in Friday's competition, "Hold your wee for a Wii." About 20 people tried to out-drink each other without going to the toilet to win a Nintendo Wii game console.

Sacramento station KDND-FM responded by firing 10 staffers, including several DJs. The DJs had joked about people dying from water intoxication and teasing Strange about her enlarged stomach.

"The station knew this was a dangerous and potentially deadly stunt, but flippantly dismissed the dangers," lawyer Roger Dreyer said in a statement. "Hearing the tape, it's very clear they knew of the dangers and could foresee that this could lead to Jennifer's death."

The station could not be reached for comment because its phone number was continuously engaged on Thursday evening.

Police are also investigating the death for possible criminal charges.

Water intoxication can prove deadly and cause irregular heartbeat, fluid in the lungs and swelling of the brain.

yeah, big news as this is where I live, but saw that even CourtTV is showing the story. No doubt law suits and criminal chargers might be filed. They got it on tape of the station being warned. :sad:

·
Registered
86 Posts
holy shit, how much did she drink?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Koenig958 said:
holy shit, how much did she drink?
I forget the exact #, I want to say around 2gallons. :dontknow:

The lady that died was even telling the radio station before she died her head was hurting/dizzy..the symtoms already started and no one did anything.:badteeth:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote from About.com

What Happens During Water Intoxication?

When too much water enters the body's cells, the tissues swell with the excess fluid. Your cells maintain a specific concentration gradient, so excess water outside the cells (the serum) draws sodium from within the cells out into the serum in an attempt to re-establish the necessary concentration. As more water accumulates, the serum sodium concentration drops -- a condition known as hyponatremia. The other way cells try to regain the electrolyte balance is for water outside the cells to rush into the cells via osmosis. The movement of water across a semipermeable membrane from higher to lower concentration is called osmosis. Although electrolytes are more concentrated inside the cells than outside, the water outside the cells is 'more concentrated' or 'less dilute' since it contains fewer electrolytes. Both electrolytes and water move across the cell membrane in an effort to balance concentration. Theoretically, cells could swell to the point of bursting.

From the cell's point of view, water intoxication produces the same effects as would result from drowning in fresh water. Electrolyte imbalance and tissue swelling can cause an irregular heartbeat, allow fluid to enter the lungs, and may cause fluttering eyelids. Swelling puts pressure on the brain and nerves, which can cause behaviors resembling alcohol intoxication. Swelling of brain tissues can cause seizures, coma and ultimately death unless water intake is restricted and a hypertonic saline (salt) solution is administered. If treatment is given before tissue swelling causes too much cellular damage, then a complete recovery can be expected within a few days

Its the latest craze, instead of alcohol, now its water!!!!!:spit: :beer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts