Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2007 ZX-10 which is currently fitted with a decat mid-pipe and a LeoVinci titanium half-system (pipes from the decat to the silencers) with titanium silencers as well.

I've still got the O2 sensors connected and no power commander fitted at all. Running pure water in the coolant system as this is exclusively a track bike.

The small issue I'm having is that when I start it from cold, a bit of water starts to accumulate on the end of the silencer. I've definitely made sure its not oil (first thing I checked) but could it be petrol? The bike does seem to run very rich from cold and it doesn't seem to fast idle like my previous Honda CBR 929 did.

I've drained the water to check that its not contaminated with oil so in other words, oil and water aren't mixing.

Does anyone have an idea as to what it could be?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
thats probably normal. there is water vapor in the exhaust, so while the muffler is cold the vapor will condense. it doesnt do that when its hot right?

·
Registered
376 Posts
thats probably normal. there is water vapor in the exhaust, so while the muffler is cold the vapor will condense. it doesnt do that when its hot right?
:+1:
That is perfectly normal! Cars do it aswell. Usually after they get up to operating temp (after 10 to 15 min) it evaporates all the condensation in the exhaust and it goes away.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, doesn't do it when its hot!

Weird thing is that it doesn't fast idle when cold. I'm new to the ZX-10R world so is this normal as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts