Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have An 04 Ten And All The Sudden It Lost 25 Mph On Top End. The Culprit = Power Commander Usb. Taken Off Bike And Now Runs Normal. Worked Well For Many Miles But I Also Have A Freind That Had To Have His Entire Wiring Harness Replaced, Again Power Commander. Be Warned, I Hate It When My Bike Is Down. I Am Sure You Do, Too.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
First time I heard of a PC going bad.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
power commander is really good about replacemnt on them though so jsut give their tech line a call or get with who ever you bought it from (local shop) and they could probably help you.....we get them in all the time from R1's CBR's ZX's and GSXR's some just dont hold up but most of the time they will replace them or fix them and get you back on the road in no time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
power commanders

they don't last at all! they replace them for up to 1 yr but they are not worth the headaches.i have had 4 go bad.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
no news flash here people as its been somewhat of a headache to those for all brands over the last 5-6yrs.

BD

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The main reason they go bad.... vibration, I know alot of people mount them with just the 2 sided tape and that is terrible for the ic chips. Mine is mounted on a piece of foam with 2 sided tape on the mount side and velcro on the commander side. Cross fingers none of my friends have had one go bad since installing this way. Also make sure it is not touching n e thing, this causes bad vibrations also.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Is there any other symtoms other than just loosing top end? I swear my 10 just flies to 160 and then looses power. It used to pull hard to about 175-180 and then flatten out. It runs great in all rpms in all other gears, just doesn't pull quite as hard up top as I think it should. Why would it only effect sixth gear?

·
Registered
265 Posts
mine went bad 3 weeks later I had a new one and they gave me 100 off an Ignition module.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So that's it. You just have to plug it in and see if your map pops up?

·
Registered
255 Posts
4 bad

I've had 4 go bad. Send them in and they replace or fix. No big deal if you can afford to wait until it is returned.

Dave

·
Registered
204 Posts
Titanium Joe said:
mine went bad 3 weeks later I had a new one and they gave me 100 off an Ignition module.

T Joe, can you share your Ignition map. I posted mine on a thread couple of weeks ago but didn't receive as many feedback as I expected.

·
Registered
62 Posts
madkaw said:
The main reason they go bad.... vibration, I know alot of people mount them with just the 2 sided tape and that is terrible for the ic chips. Mine is mounted on a piece of foam with 2 sided tape on the mount side and velcro on the commander side. Cross fingers none of my friends have had one go bad since installing this way. Also make sure it is not touching n e thing, this causes bad vibrations also.
:+1: i posted about what happened to my bike last two months ago regarding a loud ping noise in my engine when i started her then suddenly timing was messed up...bike sounded like missed firing...checked everything never thought of pc3 turning off...for some reason my map was'nt there it was "zero"....after reloading the map since then she is running fine...i secured the pc3 with foam underneath it and so far so good:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
fullsleeves said:
are there no other companies that make the same product?
Kawasaki has the race ecu.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts