Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an Arai Quantum II and I usually use windex on the face shield and the outer shell to get rid of bugs, or to be more exact, bug guts. What should I do to clean the inside? I hear you should remove it and soak it in soap water. I don't think i should put the lining in the washing machine and i'm pretty sure Fabreeze isn't enough.

What do you guys do?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Get a new one.:badteeth: Seriously though, check with a dealer they sell this spray that is supposed to kill the odor and bacteria. Or just take out the lining and pads and hand wash them in warm water with a little bit of laundry detergent. Them let them air dry.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Check out this product. I haven't used it for helmets, but it does kill every other odor that I've ever tried it on.

http://www.zeroodorpet.com/

There is a scent when you first spray it on something, but goes away quickly. It's there to let you get a measure of how much you sprayed out. This stuff really works! Gave some to my vet who used it to kill odor from a dogs "accident" in the exam room that was to say the least very intense. Since I gave him the small bottle (that I carry with me in my truck), he now keeps a supply of it on hand. I know I've been long winded about this product, but it is the first thing I've ever found that'll kill any odor (including skunk spray!). I don't work for the company or even sell the product, just have used it many, many times.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Not sure about the inside but next time for the sheild and outer shell try some Plexus for sure. It cleans great and next time when you get bugs on your helmet they will slide off pretty easy as Plexus acts as a bit of a polish. Plus it smells good. :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I talked to an ARAI dealer at the show this year ('cause I bought a new helmet :mrgreen: ) He said fill it up with luke warm water and a little bit of laundry soap and swirl it around. Do that a couple times and then repeat with fresh water to rinse. With the visor down it holds water but not that great so it leaks out pretty quick. I did that and the water that came out was pretty dirty so I must have worked. As for the cheek pads I strip them and just hand wash them. The helmet drys pretty quick too, but I would give it 24 hours to dry totally.... 18 in a pinch.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Not sure about the inside but next time for the sheild and outer shell try some Plexus for sure. It cleans great and next time when you get bugs on your helmet they will slide off pretty easy as Plexus acts as a bit of a polish. Plus it smells good. :)
I use baby wipes and dry it with a cloth, works ok.

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
I don't think you should use windex on plastic. You should get some lens cleaner or computer screen cleaner. Windex can damage some types of plastic.

·
Registered
540 Posts

:+1: Not to get off topic but, this stuff works great on your helmet and your bike.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
A good way to keep it smelling fresh is to put a dryer sheet in it over night.

·
Registered
595 Posts
This is what I use

The directions say to spray it on and then wipe it off. I spray it on and then rinse the helmet out with water and let air dry. If I am in a hurry I will place the helmet on a fan that is pointed upright and turn it on high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts