Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wash your bikes or at least inspect everything every now and then I for some reason decided to wash my bike today(its been a while since the last time) and found that one of the bolts that hold the front brake caliper on was gone and the other was loose. I hate to think about what could have happened and don't want somthing to happen to sombody else. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
ninjamaster6-10 said:
:idea: "or at least inspect everything every now and then":idea:
Doesn't hurt to take 5 minutes before you ride to do that!!!!!
Should be inspecting them before each ride.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Exactly...I had this happen to me as well. It was after a tire change. I was about to leave my apartment, looked down through the forks and saw the bolt startin to come out of the caliper. Turned right around and tightened those biatches up!!! The only reason I ended up lookin down through the forks was my shuddering problem I was wondering about went away after the tire change.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10x2 said:
Should be inspecting them before each ride.

:iamwithst

I always look over everything before a ride no matter......

But yea, losing a brake caliper whould have been bad, for sure.......

·
Registered
176 Posts
I check my tire pressure, chain, and all brake bolts while she warms up :thumbsup: I encourage all to do the same.
I ride her everyday, she's my only transportation right now.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
^^ damn NorCal'ers, it's 40 in the mornings this week where I am..

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Yeah it pays to check, I must do so more often. Although I clean my bike practically after each ride I should pay more attention to fasteners etc.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Your supposed to wash these things?:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
before every ride while the bike is warming up i do a 360 around her, shaking everything, making sure nothing is loose and looks like it should be where its suppose to. also double check headlights, turn signals, brakes and horn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts