Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:crackup::crackup:Not guilty on the illegal plate mount, guilty for the no mirrors cost me another fucking $95. I got my new race body on the way and its only tracking for me until I get a chopper next year for the street...Fucking hate the state police, pulled me over on my way to Detroit for the zx-10r.net ride last month Gurm 10 and I hosted. Funny story though is that in court a guy before me got a no mirror ticket, I saw him outside and told him I have a green 10r and he said he had a 2nd gen 10r green. Fucking hilarious always meeting cool 10r owners in the funniest ways. He lives in Jackson and Mike and I are gonna do some riding. I guess that ****** state boy doesn't like green 10rs:thefinger!!! He must like Shitzuki!!!!!!!! Oh well this season has been cheaper ticket wise than last by about $2000!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
`1

i got to agree my ticket equivalent is in my favor 9200$ this year so far you got off nice though cant remmeber last time i walked out of court with 95$ propz:helmet:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I got stopped in the beginning of july rushing to pick my girl up from work on the 10r. I slowed down when I seen a cop parked along the side of the street. But then a block down I look in my mirrors an see a cop coming outta nowhere on a harley. I'm like where the fuck did he pop out of? :dontknow: I'm thinkin the cop that was parked clocked me an the cop on the harley was near by an he told him to get me? Anyway he said he hated to give another biker a ticket, but he had to. I got wrote up for doing 43 in a 25mph zone =$155 ticket.........:eyecrazy::badteeth::headshake He told me to plead not guilty an at the hearing he said we could work out some kinda deal? Like maybe lower the price or get the point taken off my license. I have a court date 9-10-09 so we'll see what happens?

·
Registered
241 Posts
good luck man i hope it all works out i know tx doesnt do the point system or atleast not that i know of but i did it in illinois and i had to do a cross country move for it best of luck

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I have a really, really dumb question: What possessed you to ride on the street without mirrors?

said it elsewhere but I'll say it again ... I leave lighting and license plate mountings (and mirrors!) stock on my street bikes, and I use either the stock muffler or a quiet aftermarket one with the noise-reducing baffle installed ... and I never get hassled!

I know it's maybe a sign of me being, ahem, "mature" but it is what it is. Stock bike / legal bike = less hassle ...

Reactions: MagicMavis

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Why start a thread bitching about getting a ticket for something that was Illegal on your bike? I don't really understand:dontknow:

I could understand getting mad at a cop if he really screwed you...but this isn't the case.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i can see getting rid of the huge stock fender and doing mods that make the bike "resemble" a race bike or a clean looking street bike, because that is what i like too. I personally leave the mirrors on because i use them all the time to scan around me. 95 bucks isnt that bad of a ticket, more annoying than anything else.

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
why start a thread bitching about getting a ticket for something that was illegal on your bike? I don't really understand:dontknow:

I could understand getting mad at a cop if he really screwed you...but this isn't the case.
:+1:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I use to ride with no mirrors when I was younger ( i thought it was cool looking) but even this weekend at the track I found myself a lil lost with no mirror to just glance over my shoulder

·
Registered
795 Posts
...a clean looking street bike, because that is what i like too.....I personally leave the mirrors on because i use them all the time to scan around me..
:+1: my mirrors are constantly used

my :2cents:
I'm not into a lot of mods for my bike; just some suspension tweeks, brake pads and similar small things that give me a better feel. I got my bike cause I like it and want to ride it; not to look at it or show it off - plus, I'm not gonna use an extra 5 hp from a new exhaust or care about having some 'pretty-painted trailer queen', but another trackday is always fun :wink:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not guilty on the illegal plate mount, guilty for the no mirrors cost me another fucking $95. I got my new race body on the way and its only tracking for me until I get a chopper next year for the street...Fucking hate the state police, pulled me over on my way to Detroit for the zx-10r.net ride last month Gurm 10 and I hosted. Funny story though is that in court a guy before me got a no mirror ticket, I saw him outside and told him I have a green 10r and he said he had a 2nd gen 10r green. Fucking hilarious always meeting cool 10r owners in the funniest ways. He lives in Jackson and Mike and I are gonna do some riding. I guess that ****** state boy doesn't like green 10rs:thefinger!!! He must like Shitzuki!!!!!!!! Oh well this season has been cheaper ticket wise than last by about $2000!!!
:hello:.........what up man, sorry to hear bout that day in court. Could've been worst...........hey good luck with the track thing. I def. want to do a day (track day) or two next season. You know I only have one bike. So unless I come into some paper Ill be on mi ole 2nd gen 10, black beauty that is. Be safe my dog............:wink:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Fact is most states, counties, and cities are broke and will ticket for things they customarily wouldn't. Easy fix, put mirrors on bike. Put tag easily visible from rear with light. Do this and you won't have to quit riding on street and you won't get tickets for said violations. I don't understand how you ride w/o mirrors anyways.:dontknow: Yeah, it looks cooler, but if you want a racebike, get on the track. I assure you you won't get a ticket for lack of tag/mirrors there.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Fact is most states, counties, and cities are broke and will ticket for things they customarily wouldn't. Easy fix, put mirrors on bike. Put tag easily visible from rear with light. Do this and you won't have to quit riding on street and you won't get tickets for said violations. I don't understand how you ride w/o mirrors anyways.:dontknow: Yeah, it looks cooler, but if you want a racebike, get on the track. I assure you you won't get a ticket for lack of tag/mirrors there.
:+1: don't matter what you ride. you need to know what behind you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
:hello:............just to put it out there for the board here. Dont give any law inforcement agency a reason to pull you over. Esspecially the opportunity to ticket you. Thats easy money and they will get it.:lol: We're not always in a position to just blaze out.:cool: Gotta stop for gas............:badteeth:

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My plate was mounted legally, I had a proper fender eliminator that cost $115 with all proper lights and it was visible. The cop was the biggest ass I've ever encountered on the street and if any of you have ever read any of my threads in Michigan I've done seasons on just kawi sportbikes that hit around almost 20k miles...I was going 10 under when I was going to Detroit for a ride that Gurm and I set up...Cop started yelling at me freaking out like a little girl...I excepted the ticket because I know the law and know no mirrors is illegal, but their are no blind spots on a motorcycle like a car...I'm very fast minded and always look over my shoulders if I need to just like on the track...Personally I'm fed up with street riding for know and will be at Gingerman in 2-3 weeks and just wheeling in the country on a private road down from my house. I wasn't tryin to get sympathy or some gay shit from this thread, I just thought it was kind of funny the asshole who blew up on two green zx-10rs was rather funny...Also I got a new riding buddy out of whole deal. Seriously he singled out 2 zx-10rs both green and we were in court in Jackson the most busy ticket giver outer in the state on the I-94 corridor. Funny 2 green zx-10rs one going 10 under...ahhhh lets pull him over when obviously his mirror are off....fucking gay...and lets pull another 10r over with 4 other bikes in the pack and just get the green one with no mirrors when Mike said all the other guys didn't have some. I found this rather preculior...funny really it was 2 green zx-10rs...fucking funny!!!

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, Michigan is a broke ass state and they're changing laws from fix it tix to now you have to pay...Trying to make the economy better...hahahaha

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
My plate was mounted legally, I had a proper fender eliminator that cost $115 with all proper lights and it was visible. The cop was the biggest ass I've ever encountered on the street and if any of you have ever read any of my threads in Michigan I've done seasons on just kawi sportbikes that hit around almost 20k miles...I was going 10 under when I was going to Detroit for a ride that Gurm and I set up...Cop started yelling at me freaking out like a little girl...I excepted the ticket because I know the law and know no mirrors is illegal, but their are no blind spots on a motorcycle like a car...I'm very fast minded and always look over my shoulders if I need to just like on the track...Personally I'm fed up with street riding for know and will be at Gingerman in 2-3 weeks and just wheeling in the country on a private road down from my house. I wasn't tryin to get sympathy or some gay shit from this thread, I just thought it was kind of funny the asshole who blew up on two green zx-10rs was rather funny...Also I got a new riding buddy out of whole deal. Seriously he singled out 2 zx-10rs both green and we were in court in Jackson the most busy ticket giver outer in the state on the I-94 corridor. Funny 2 green zx-10rs one going 10 under...ahhhh lets pull him over when obviously his mirror are off....fucking gay...and lets pull another 10r over with 4 other bikes in the pack and just get the green one with no mirrors when Mike said all the other guys didn't have some. I found this rather preculior...funny really it was 2 green zx-10rs...fucking funny!!!
Just a Very sad story.....Damm I wish you would have bought a Bloo ZX10R.

:crackup:

j/m no worries man it's just a ticket :eek:ccasion1

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I need to change the icon n the title I'm not mad about the $95. I was just cruising to the zx-10r.net ride n Detroit. I wasn't being reckless, just hate being hassled over a piece of equipment that I haven't used on a bike in over a half a decade that is all. I thought it was so funny Mike had a green 10r. Makes me think trooper Smith doesn't like Kawasaki...funny!!!

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I need to change the icon n the title I'm not mad about the $95. I was just cruising to the zx-10r.net ride n Detroit. I wasn't being reckless, just hate being hassled over a piece of equipment that I haven't used on a bike in over a half a decade that is all. I thought it was so funny Mike had a green 10r. Makes me think trooper Smith doesn't like Kawasaki...funny!!!

He probably got smoked by one. :lol: if you want me to change the Icon I will see if I can.

bloo

1 - 20 of 40 Posts