Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 zx10r and was thinking of getting the extended warranty but is it worth the xtra $1000 for 3 years. Are these bike prone to problems that i should worry about.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Do a search, there was a thread exactly like this maybe a couple weeks ago...

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Without going into issues that have already been beat to death, the price on the Kawaski exteneded warrant which is called the Good Times Protection Plan is very flexible. I paid $355 for a four year extenstion. I see 'em advertised on eBay for around $400.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
swjohnsey said:
Without going into issues that have already been beat to death, the price on the Kawaski exteneded warrant which is called the Good Times Protection Plan is very flexible. I paid $355 for a four year extenstion. I see 'em advertised on eBay for around $400.

:+1: - Fremont Cycle Salvage had one up a week ago.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Get the extended warranty my bike has been in the shop for a total of about 5 months and I've had it for about 14 months. So I can safely say I will never own a piece of shit Kawasaki again. :postwhore

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
It's only a piece of shit in your mind! Very very few on this forum will agree with you. Sorry you had such a bad experience with Kawi though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can't lie I haven't lost a race or roll on with this bike the motor and the power is unbelievable but it just been one thing after another. I may have just gotten a lemon or something. But it's just jaded my views about kawasaki and the quality. :dontknow:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe its the dealer that you go to? If you plan on doing anything to the motor then forget about it. I have over 21,000 miles on my 10 and never had a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts