Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2019 Multistrada 1260s that i bought from a main dealer (ex demo).

Warranty expires in May. Does anyone know if there are any options available to me to extend the warranty? I'm awaiting a response from the main dealer but thought i could see what peoples experiences were on here as well.

Some conflicting info out there on the net....

Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,042 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm only familiar with the way Kawi does it since I've never owned a Douchecati. So I can't really comment on your Multistrada specifically.

Kawi sends a letter in the mail to the registered owner just prior to the expiration date of the original warranty. You have the option to pick up additional time directly through Kawasaki or an authorized dealer. If it's not still under the original 12-month warranty, then it won't qualify for the extension. I'm not really sure if there's any 3rd party warranty companies out there for bikes, but I might be able to post the phone number for the company that wants to sell me an extended warranty on my 2009 truck. They could probably help you out with a warranty. Aside from that, I've never considered the extended warranty worth the price and never bought one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
i purchased the extended warranty because my past bikes i have racked up +80k miles on them and the warranty came in handy numerous times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kawi sends a letter in the mail to the registered owner just prior to the expiration date of the original warranty. You have the option to pick up additional time directly through Kawasaki or an authorized dealer. If it's not still under the original 12-month warranty, then it won't qualify for the extension.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

·
Registered
106 Posts
ALSO
I was recently at dealer getting warrenty work, and asked the same question.
Reply was after my original 5 year warrenty was done, they would offer a 2 year ext.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts