Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time again, RACING IS BACK!!! So this is a reminder to please not put race results or anything else that might give clues to race results, race weekend crashes, race weekend qualifying... in the titles of threads.

In the past some of our staff :)hello:) have avoided forums, including this one, on race weekend due to having the results spoiled. Being from the U.S. sometimes we don't get to see races on TV for a week or two. Our members are from all around the globe. Some get to watch qualifying and races live, some don't get to see anything for weeks. Lets do our best this year not to spoil the experience for each other.

Here are 3 things to do when making a spoiler thread
  1. All threads should use the Prefix **SPOILER** in the title if you are including anything, and I mean anything that would give any clues to race results, race weekend crashes, race weekend qualifying... Do this by selecting "**Spoiler**" for the Title Prefix when creating a thread.
  2. Also, place your info into the Spoiler tag (
    ) to hide it from sight.

Spoiler!

When replying to threads that do not have said **SPOILER** tags please do not add info or any clues to race results, race weekend crashes, race weekend qualifying... If you feel that it's justified to post spoiler info in a non spoiler thread, then you must use the Spoiler tag (
    ) to hide it from sight.
  3. And finally, fill up the first 10 lines or so with blanks or "-" or "." or whatever so that the thread preview feature doesn't pop up the spoiler info.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
Our staff will be giving out Infractions to members who give out too much info in the title of threads, don't use the **SPOILER** tag and/or post info in untagged threads. If you made a mistake and it's your first infraction don't take offense or lash out at the admin/mod, infractions are a way for us to keep a record of who listens and who doesn't. If however you make a habit out of this, don't be surprised to get a temp ban.

In case this isn't clear enough, here are some other threads for more info:
All MEMBERS!!!!“WARNINGS” FOR RACE RESULTS
NO "Spoiler" titles
New 2009 Warning Qualifying or Race Results

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Thanks Y, I usually have to dvr the races and watch them during the week. It can be a real bummer when that anticipation gets ruined.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,662 Posts
Thank you YSR! :eek:ccasion1

Let's hope people can stick to this procedure and let the racing season start!

·
Registered
202 Posts
a great reminder, especially with such a good showing expected from Kawi this year!

also, if peeps are posting a spoiler using the tags, they should remember that sometimes the spoiler itself can actually still be read when you hover your mouse icon over the thread title.

might i suggest if you are posting a spoiler using the tags, do something like this:

Spoiler!

that means that even if you hover over the post/thread your spoiler should not be visible.

here is to a good year!:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
a great reminder, especially with such a good showing expected from Kawi this year!

also, if peeps are posting a spoiler using the tags, they should remember that sometimes the spoiler itself can actually still be read when you hover your mouse icon over the thread title.

might i suggest if you are posting a spoiler using the tags, do something like this:

Spoiler!

that means that even if you hover over the post/thread your spoiler should not be visible.

here is to a good year!:thumbsup:
Correct :thumbsup: in the last 2 days there has been 1 member banned and 2 infractions giving out.....I really can't stress enough members better read this Sticky before posting anything about Racing during race week WSBK or AMA etc.

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yearly :bump:

Please Read this Sticky carefully before starting a Thread. This Sticky is STRICTLY ENFORCED along with other Thread Warnings linked from this one.

Other than that happy posting should be a great year. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

bluedevil

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Rossi is BACK BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The doctor is back in championship form right from the start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are the Nah sayers now?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yearly :bump:

Please Read this Sticky carefully before starting a Thread. This Sticky is STRICTLY ENFORCED along with other Thread Warnings linked from this one.

Other than that happy posting should be a great year. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

bluedevil

Aye aye captain. I concurr. :cool:

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look up, post #2.

It's not that you can't post results, we just ask members to kind of hide things. In the past races have been tape delayed in the US. It's gotten better, but it's just kind of a common courtesy to other members. Been this way for many years

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Look up, post #2.

It's not that you can't post results, we just ask members to kind of hide things. In the past races have been tape delayed in the US. It's gotten better, but it's just kind of a common courtesy to other members. Been this way for many years
:thumbsup: I for one sincerely appreciate it. I typically cant watch the AMA or Moto GP races live so I DVR them. I dont have bein sport so I usually have to wait for the WSBK races to be posted on-line. Just having the spoiler tag in the thread title is enough to keep me out of the threads ubtil I can watch the race itself. Thanks ahead of time guys! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I'll be the idiot to ask: why can such things not be posted? Enlighten me, please :icon_smile:
Look up, post #2.

To add Zsawg123 and others please read the links in Post #1 you need to understand why........I hate being the bad guy when it comes to these things but make no mistake when a Violation of the Stickies happens and I see them some action will be taken.....like YSR said "Been this way for many years" good or bad. :badteeth:

Bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yeah, WSBK philip island tomorrow.

We are a good 16 hours ahead of USA.

Msg me if you want the results instantly :eek:ccasion14:
:eek:t:....start your own thread with Spoiler alerts of course this thread is reserved for Spoiler Topics and why you need them. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Alas. No need for me to watch the Moto America races I DVRed.

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f259/labor-day-sale-351053.html

I know this is a sponsor doing a sale, a Labor Day Sale at that, but does that make it ok?
In case you didn't know MotoAmerica has been posting the races on youtube now to watch for free. They aren't normally live but a couple hours later or next day depending on the class. In case ya didn't wanna DVR them all the time.

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Alas. No need for me to watch the Moto America races I DVRed.

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f259/labor-day-sale-351053.html

I know this is a sponsor doing a sale, a Labor Day Sale at that, but does that make it ok?
No it doesn't. :2bitchslap: that sponsor :wink:
To be honest, I've given up on this fight. This forum is usually the least of my problems when it comes to spoilers with Twitter, Instagram, FB ... Social media has wrecked any chance of being surprised of results if you're not watching live.
In case you didn't know MotoAmerica has been posting the races on youtube now to watch for free. They aren't normally live but a couple hours later or next day depending on the class. In case ya didn't wanna DVR them all the time.
:thumbsup: Or if you're a Comcast subscriber in the US since they ended their contract with the beIn sports channel. Too bad I've found MotoAmerica almost impossible to sit through the last few years. The racing is still there, but the coverage is rough. The US WSBK race is even hard to put up with. I was hoping things would change when Rainey took over, but no.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
No it doesn't. :2bitchslap: that sponsor :wink:
To be honest, I've given up on this fight. This forum is usually the least of my problems when it comes to spoilers with Twitter, Instagram, FB ... Social media has wrecked any chance of being surprised of results if you're not watching live.
I know. I didn't say anything to the offender about it. I tend to just try and avoid places on line that I think might spoil it for me but it still happens. I just didn't think a Labor Day Sale thread was going to be one of them. :crackup: All good though. I get the idea of the thread too so no worries.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts