Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I have a brand new 16 zx10r. The warning light is blinking when i switch off the bike and lock it...is it normal?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Warning lights are for when times are not normal :2cents:

..Thanks folks ill be here all night! :badteeth:

Reactions: SkyDork

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
The new 10'rs all have quirks that disappear during break in. The 2013 key kept coming out of the fuel cap; the yellow whatever light would come on (near the fuel light) whenever I did something like slamming the bike during a turn. Something else happened, then all the stupid got smarter. On the 2011 about three dorks happened but simply can not remember as I write this BUT do remember that the bike sorted out everything like the '13.

Ah, buy the extended warranty. Trust me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new 10'rs all have quirks that disappear during break in. The 2013 key kept coming out of the fuel cap; the yellow whatever light would come on (near the fuel light) whenever I did something like slamming the bike during a turn. Something else happened, then all the stupid got smarter. On the 2011 about three dorks happened but simply can not remember as I write this BUT do remember that the bike sorted out everything like the '13.

Ah, buy the extended warranty. Trust me.
I hope it does sort out soon!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,720 Posts
Hi there! So, exactly which light are you talking about? Saying "the little red light" describes the color of it. If you read the Owners Manual (you know, that book that tells you a lot about your bike and what things do) it will tell you exactly what light that is and why it's on. Once you and us know what you're talking about, we can help further.

It also helps to know when you have an ABS, non-ABS, North American, or Euro model. Again, the usual information.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,720 Posts
The "little red light" is the oil pressure light. If the engine isn't running, there's no oil pressure which is why the light comes on. Just like every other bike out there. :idea:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts