Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I'm a relatively new owner of 13 10r. I noticed my red warning light came on for coolant recently. I bought the bike in November and rode it a good bit so I filled the resi up but I'm still getting the light when I turn the bike on. I think my battery is also rather weak since it started up a little slower due to being in the bike for a little of the PA weather. Bike seems to run fine and I ride a lot of highway and the bike rarely gets over 200 degrees Fahrenheit (usually runs around 150-170s?I believe on the highway)so it's not overheating by any means and I really don't rev the thing like a lunatic. I've read online that a weak battery can trip the light. Can anyone on here confirm a similar issue. The bike was a little low on resi but wasn't dry or anything like that. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the red light only comes on when i initially start the bike. If I turn it over, shut off, and turn it on again- the light is usually out even when cold

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,982 Posts
Let's understand something real quick. The red light is the oil pressure warning. If that is combined with an "FI" legend in the readout area, then an error code has been set. If it's just the red light by itself, then the oil pressure is low. And there won't be an error light with the "coolant".

So until you get and pull the error code that was tripped to turn the light on, everything is just a guess as to why.

Reactions: scout

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
get the shoria and their charger and even with charger I start the bike every other day during down time and shut down at 150f. Your temps are good so I'm not worried about oil pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts