Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i had a warning indicator come on and stay on and the esd was flashing do you know why this happened. I was just riding home in heavy traffic so not going fast if it matters!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The ESD ECU is very sensitive to power issues and is often a sign of battery issues, especially if it comes on at start up. That's my first thought.

Reactions: Kawasaki Brad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input ! the bike stalled , so when i started it back up the lights came on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this come up just a couple days ago. Same thing: warning light, flashing ESD. I just turned off the bike let it sit for about a minute, fired it back up and haven't seen it since. It may have been because I left for work in a hurry that morning and just turned the bike on and left too quickly.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you turn bars while starting bike this will happen. Simply shut it off, restart while bike is stationary. That's what happened to me in past...

·
Registered
228 Posts
you also need to let it cycle before you start the bike turn the ignition on wait til the bike is quiet then start it

·
Registered
85 Posts
This occurs while the bike is moving and started, shutting it off and on clears it. I stalled and started while rolling and it happened as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts