Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I can remove and reassemble one in an evening. It isn't that bad.
With oem fairings? I can do that on a race bike but taking my time, not scratching anything, routing the pile of wires, torquing everything as well as locktiting the fasteners on a street bike takes more than an hour or two especially if your haven't done it before. Maybe your evenings go later than mine lol.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Little follow up! Been racing my bike since the welding . Went down a few time and 2 time very hard . and just notice the frame cracked on the left side again on the new weld . nothing to worry since its like 2-3 in and very small! i can say it last a long time. Will have it reweld soon !

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Little follow up! Been racing my bike since the welding . Went down a few time and 2 time very hard . and just notice the frame cracked on the left side again on the new weld . nothing to worry since its like 2-3 in and very small! i can say it last a long time. Will have it reweld soon !
Who did your welding?....I heard from other members and from off site welding these frames better be an expert of alum. frame welding with over 20yrs experience so had to question why that was still a week point at the very same point. :dontknow:

bloo

·
Registered
694 Posts
i know he is good and i didnt notice it last year . Maybe the crash did something .. or maybe the frame is just poorly design and there is too much flex in it .. It costed me 60 $ to have it fixed and it lasted 3 racing season so thats not too bad lol but ill take picture when ill have everything remove and we can see better!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think mine has cracked nearly every time it has hit the ground. Even a gentle low side on some oil in the rain. :(

Still love riding it though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After Joining, I saw this post. I just went to check mine. it has one exactly were your first picture was on the left side of the bike just above the motor mounts in the curve. the right side as none. this crack on the left is maybe 2 inches long in the curve

41 - 46 of 46 Posts