Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a random question that just popped into my mind and I don't think I've ever seen an answer for it in all my years of riding. When you first start up your bike what temperature do you let it get to before you ride. I usually let it get to 115-120 before I take off. I've never had a problem but again just curious as to what everyone else does.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
when my temp Gauge registers an Actual Temperature # than I am good to go. :mrgreen:

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
i do the same, anymore with these new bikes i let it settle into its regular idle b4 i click it into gear.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I agree^^^ I wait for the idle to pick up and slow down back to normal and that's usually between 115-130 degrees then click into gear and I'm off

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Here's what I do :

1. Go to garage, start the bike.
2. Check fluid.
3. Check chain/lube chain.
4. Other safety checks.
5. Wear my jacket.
6. Wear my boots.
7. Wear my helmet.
8. Wear my gloves.
9. Open garage door.
10. Move bike out.
11. Close garage door.
12. Ride

That's close to approx 10-15 minutes that I did not lose, because I was doing something else. By that time, the bike is warmed up and ready to go.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's what I do :

2. Check fluid.
4. Other safety checks.
5. Wear my jacket.
6. Wear my boots.
7. Wear my helmet.
8. Wear my gloves.
9. Open garage door.
10. Move bike out.
11. Close garage door.
12. Ride

That's close to approx 10-15 minutes that I did not lose, because I was doing something else. By that time, the bike is warmed up and ready to go.
Dude you just gave me flashbacks from back when I took the motorcycle safety course. :lol:

·
5,932 Posts
Lucky
Here's what I do :

2. Check fluid.
4. Other safety checks.
5. Wear my jacket.
6. Wear my boots.
7. Wear my helmet.
8. Wear my gloves.
9. Open garage door.
10. Move bike out.
11. Close garage door.
12. Ride

Funny shit but true in the sense I do around the same shit. I always check my bike then suit up and fire it then check again and ride away

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Lucky
Here's what I do :

2. Check fluid.
4. Other safety checks.
5. Wear my jacket.
6. Wear my boots.
7. Wear my helmet.
8. Wear my gloves.
9. Open garage door.
10. Move bike out.
11. Close garage door.
12. Ride

Funny shit but true in the sense I do around the same shit. I always check my bike then suit up and fire it then check again and ride away

yeah.. because why would you start a bike and then wait for it to warm up.. when you can spend that 10-15 minutes checking it out for safety

·
5,932 Posts
Yeah man I'm right there with you, I had a problem shooting springs for a while and the factor behind it was a bolt was lose. So now after I ride of course I let the bike cool down but I run around and check all the bolts too...Maybe I'm a little ocd here with the safe side of checking shit, but I'm yet to ever shoot a freaking bolt on any of my bikes...

·
5,932 Posts
^^^I agree, I started mine up one time and it cycled threw the hard idle warming up the bike and then it dropped back to normal at 105 degrees, I was in a hurry to meet up with someone and it clunked so loud pushing it down into first but if you wait its smooth as butter

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I usually just grab all my riding gear, throw it in a big pile...take my bike out the garage and start it, by the time im dressed 5 minutes or so, the bike is good to go.
pretty much when the idle drops

·
Registered
634 Posts
I usually have most things ready when I bring the bike out and start it. I then walk back inside to grab my ipod, gloves and helmet. By the time I'm ready to roll out, the bikes normally at 111.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts