Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pop is trading his zx-14 for a brand new 2006 cbr 1k and i was wondering if any of you zx guys or gals have ridden one. we liked the fit and finish of the bike but thats about all we know about honda's any input is appreciated

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
they are really smooth, handle good, and its a honda so it will run forever

·
Registered
73 Posts
My buddy has a 954RR and he was thinking of getting the new 1000RR but on the honda forum site "fireblades" or whatever its called, they didnt seem to talk too highly of it... jmo

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
never ridden one, but i think its the sexiest of the four jap liter bikes. (the duc 1098 or mv would be sexiest overall!) good luck, i'm sure its a great bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
will run forever but dont respond well to mods is all I have heard from friends with them

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why is he trading the 14? ill trade him my zx10???:mrgreen:
why is he trading the 14 you ask, im glad you asked,my dad traded his 99 busa in on his 06 14,he was at the time excited about the 14 and all the hype surrounding it however the bike has not lived up to its kill-all reputation. 1st off the thing is a turd anywhere below 6k rpm,(we know removing the secondary flys or adding a tre help remedy this but the side effects are something he dosent really like)2nd of all the looks of it leave a little to be desired,3rd it is heavy and he bitches whenever he has to move it himself. We basically feel kawasaki dropped the ball on the 14 just like they did back in 2000 with the 12R.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
well... if you do a search on cbr 1krr or honda cbr A LOT of threads come up... there were too many for me to list on here... my neighbor has an 06 that i ride when i go home, and its a badazz handling bike for the streets, 2 be honest his stock power wise felt like my 03 r1 with a full exhaust and pc and air filter... it handles like a mofo, that electronic damper (HESD) is pretty tight. i like the looks also b/c they remind me of my 03 r1. if you have them side by side, they're pretty dang similar. the biggest difference 06/07 is the black painted swing arm, and i think the silver doesnt have the wings on the tank... if i had to chose tho, id go with the 10r over the cbr 1krr... thats just me and about 90% of the other members on the board. but if i COULD, id have both!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I ride with my friend all the time and he has the 06 Blade, nothing to really fault on the bike, looks refined, goes pretty well, seems reliable ...................... it's not as mind blowing as the ZX10 and looks and feels IMO a little subdued!

Off topic here but I joined a group the weekend with some mates of mine who all gad zooks, R1's and then my friend on the Blade and these mofos couldn't keep there eyes off my ZX10!!!! Arn't many around compared to the other bikes and they where so impressed with it. :cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
why is he trading the 14 you ask, im glad you asked,my dad traded his 99 busa in on his 06 14,he was at the time excited about the 14 and all the hype surrounding it however the bike has not lived up to its kill-all reputation. 1st off the thing is a turd anywhere below 6k rpm,(we know removing the secondary flys or adding a tre help remedy this but the side effects are something he dosent really like)2nd of all the looks of it leave a little to be desired,3rd it is heavy and he bitches whenever he has to move it himself. We basically feel kawasaki dropped the ball on the 14 just like they did back in 2000 with the 12R.
i hate to say but hes gonna regret that on the long rides. Hondas are good at 2 things holding there value and staying reliable. I would tell him to wait for the 08 10.

And the side effects of those mods are not bad from what i hear. A guy i know has a 14 with those mods and its pretty sick. still kinda heavy but still. Its like a caddi big turns slow but damn comfortable. I would try the mods before he trades it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts