1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
haha im in the same boat man, just a 2006-2007 instead. Good luck bro

·
Registered
15 Posts
looking for zx10r 2004 clean title frame.
I have a clean '04 for sale... if I can sell the frame I'll part out the rest of the bike. PM if interested.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
some guys and their comments:dontknow:
Yeah, cause bikes never get stolen.:rolleyes::headshake

Legitimate owners can buy a legit frame pretty cheap and keep the same vin.....

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
So guys parting out a bike should just not sell their frames?
Tough one. I'd feel pretty bad helping a thief but you can only do so much to "feel" that you are selling to a legit person.

Like maybe someone who bought a salvage bike and wants to clean it up to non salvage status.

My point was that the previous comment is not the least bit out of line.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I agree. I just know that I have a good frame and would love to help someone out that actually needs it legitly. By no means do I want to help out a crook.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tough one. I'd feel pretty bad helping a thief but you can only do so much to "feel" that you are selling to a legit person.

Like maybe someone who bought a salvage bike and wants to clean it up to non salvage status.

My point was that the previous comment is not the least bit out of line.
I have to agree... thats one thing that sucks about parting things out. Stamping a VIN on a new OEM frame you wouldnt need a frame w/ clean title or anything; since you already have it.

From my experience of building bikes in TX and CA; using a clean title just means its easier IF someone had stolen a bike to avoid getting the motor number ran as its the only link to the other 'bike'. But still, what I noticed here in CA since I moved out here, the CHP checks the motor number anyways.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
guys please PM me with 04 05 frame prices as well...... sorry to thread jack....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts