Another non-track guy here.........Whats the best way to set up a street bike for the track? I saw taping over the lenses and pulling the mirrors.........anybody have a start to finish from street to trackable?
You need to check with the org you plan to ride with for all the details, but generally most are similar.
1) antifreeze must be replaced with water and water wetter // some may allow engine ice
2) clean bike with no leaks of any kind including fork seals, shock, engine oil, etc.
3) safety wire oil filter and drain plug
4) remove mirrors
5) tape over any lens / don't forget to pull the fuses
6) some require the kick stand to be safety wired or zip tied
7) good tires
8) plenty left on your brake pads, lever good and stiff
9) chain correctly adjusted
10) remove license plate
11) safety wire or remove rear pegs
12) obviously, nothing loose that might come off
then your gear
1) full leathers
2) leather gloves
4) back protector
5) undamaged helmet
Failing tech (assuming you can't correct) means your done and forfeit any money paid.