Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galfer Braking Systems is looking for a 2006 ZX-10R for mocking up our Superbike Brake lines Kit. For letting us use your bike for a few hours in the afternoon, we will install and supply you a free set of Steal Braided Brake lines. If you can make your way to our warehouse @ 310 Irving Dr. Oxnard, Ca 93030... then please call JT at my office (800-685-6633)to set up a time and date! We thank everyone in advance, but please remember, the first person to call in with a for sure time and date will be the only one to get this offer. Ride safe!

Attachments

·
Banned
814 Posts
i hear testing is more accurate in austin texas, anyway :smile:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
RCracer i'm curious, why do websites have the superbike brake lines available for the 2006 zx10r available? are they using last years 10r brake line kits?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
teebo7 said:
RCracer i'm curious, why do websites have the superbike brake lines available for the 2006 zx10r available? are they using last years 10r brake line kits?

mistake on their part. It is a new part number FK003D495SB

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The origional date this was made public wasn't about 4 days ago was it......April Fools perhaps?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
RCracer51 said:
Galfer Braking Systems is looking for a 2006 ZX-10R for mocking up our Superbike Brake lines Kit. For letting us use your bike for a few hours in the afternoon, we will install and supply you a free set of Steal Braided Brake lines. If you can make your way to our warehouse @ 310 Irving Dr. Oxnard, Ca 93030... then please call JT at my office (800-685-6633)to set up a time and date! We thank everyone in advance, but please remember, the first person to call in with a for sure time and date will be the only one to get this offer. Ride safe!
Can't you get loaners from CalCoast anymore? :confused:

·
Banned
125 Posts
Well I went and dropped my bike off with galfer so it obviously wasnt an april fools joke. And the companies that are selling the super bike lines for the 06 are actually selling you an 05 636 kit from what I understand. The 636 kits may fit but the person I spoke with at galfer says that there are fitment issues and thats why they need to prototype an actual set of lines for it.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
wow, props to you for loaning your bike, if i was there and had an 06 i wouldn't have hesitated at all!

·
Banned
125 Posts
RCracer51 said:
The bike will be done tomorrow afternoon! So, 4/7/06 they should be ready to sale!
Yup Ill be getting my bike back tomorrow some time around noon or so. The guys there were really cool, They gave me an impromtu tour of facility and Robert ran me through the whole process of how the lines are manufactured from start to finish it was quite a cool experience to say the least, And to get a free set of lines out of it to boot, Well you just cant beat that with a stick.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thats totally sweet! I had my doubts about it being true but if they got your bike I guess its all good. Enjoy the lines I hope to get a set for mine soon.

Hmmmm..... I wonder how I can get a free set? :badteeth:

·
Banned
125 Posts
Got the bike back today and what can I say simply unbelievable, the brakes are one hundred times better I can feel the difference in lever feel and brake response. The whole crew at Galfer was EXCELLENT I cant say enough good things about them. They busted my bike out in a very fast manner with out sacrificing quality or safety. Every one at Galfer treated me like I was part of the team, they explained every thing to me perfectly clear, Joked with me and just treated me amazingly over all. I would recommend Galfer brake components to any one. Heres some pics of my bike and the new Super bike Steel braided brake lines for the 06 ZX-10R.

I cant thank the people at Galfer enough for such an amazing product and an excellent experience. Thanks guys I owe ya ll big time.

Attachments

·
Banned
125 Posts
By the way for those of you with an 06 ZX-10R looking for galfer super bike lines, they are ready for sale to the public just call your local retailer and tell them to order you a set of lines here is the part number for the "Super bike brake line kit" from galfer.

FK003D495SB. Thats the part number directly from Galfer for the 06 ZX-10R Super Bike brake line kit. Just call your retailer and give them that part number.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
No wonder that I have been waiting 3 wks for a set of lines.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts