Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Really missing my ZX now :sad:. So of course I have started looking into a new one :cool:! I have been reading up on some threads here about the 06 and the new (soon to arrive/already here?) 07s. What do you guys think will be the better way to if I am l looking to purchase over the next 3-4 months? I called my friend at Orange Motorsports and they have all colors of the 06 for 10,300 otd. But I am thinking waiting for the 07 might be a better idea since they will have a chance to tighten some of the issues seen with the 06 (like that OEM damper). Of course, I won't be getting any deals on an 07.

So, who's waiting for a good deal on the end of the year 06s and who's looking ahead to the 07s (and maybe that red or bloo model!)?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I purchased my 04 on September 31 of the same year. Doing so I saved at least $2000 and did not have to deal with any of the 04 recalls or factory tweaks (late model bike likely has all of the needed corrections).

Besides, if you're like most the saved cash helps ease the pain of swapping out new O.E. parts for aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
No performance updates, this year. I would stick with an 06 and save some $$$. Better yet....if you can find a dealer who has any 05s leftover, he's probably paid for the thing already just in floor-plan interest, and wants to unload it badly. I liked the 05s better, anyway. Call around and see what you can find. Good luck.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I'd go for 07 just for the black rims and trim.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A new 05? Not around here. Shoot, the dealer I got mine from late last year had 4 left 1 of which became mine (for a beautiful 9k otd). Those bikes were snapped up within a few days at that price. And living in Cali you can forget bringing a new one in from out of state.

But, I won't rule out a used 05, that's for sure. That might become an option.

·
Registered
329 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
A new 05? Not around here. Shoot, the dealer I got mine from late last year had 4 left 1 of which became mine (for a beautiful 9k otd). Those bikes were snapped up within a few days at that price. And living in Cali you can forget bringing a new one in from out of state.

But, I won't rule out a used 05, that's for sure. That might become an option.

I am seriously not being a smartass here...but the damper comment is so trivial to me. There have not been any REAL issues with the 06 that I know of. The Ohlins damper if a problem would be covered...and then just buy a new one. Bikes are meant to be ridden to me. I'm all for saving money..but I think I would look first into finding a dealer that would discount the 07 if that is what you want!:idea:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chas34 said:
I am seriously not being a smartass here...but the damper comment is so trivial to me. There have not been any REAL issues with the 06 that I know of. The Ohlins damper if a problem would be covered...and then just buy a new one. Bikes are meant to be ridden to me. I'm all for saving money..but I think I would look first into finding a dealer that would discount the 07 if that is what you want!:idea:
Yea, I lean towards on 07 anyway because I think I like that blue one. Not that down on the OEM Ohlins in spite of some of the reports around here. I don't know if I'd go so far to say it's 'trivial' but I get what you are saying.

Problem is, deals on an 07 are a ways off. So I think I will be looking at a premium price if I want one anytime over the next 6 months. Not sure if I can go to Sept-Nov of next year without a bike just to wait for a deal! :wink:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
rocketracermike said:
it's going to be a couple of grand. If he wait till December - January. it will be even more.
2k or more :eyecrazy: well then definitely get the 06 and don't look back. I can't believe what a crazy bargain market U.S. is :dontknow:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Hattori Hanzo said:
2k or more :eyecrazy: well then definitely get the 06 and don't look back. I can't believe what a crazy bargain market U.S. is :dontknow:

I think someone here got a 05 at first part of the year for 8400 otd.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Honestly dude, (if $$$ really isn't even a factor) I'd pick whichever one I liked the best aesthetically. If you like the colored lowers and other BNGs of the 07 great! Or do you like the darker lowers type look best? A reputable dealer is SUPPOSED to execute all recall/warranty repairs on the bikes setting on their dealership floors. Sooo, it all comes down to what you like, since there aren't any reported changes other than BNG from the 06 to 07 models.

Good luck bro, and keep us posted!

D

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
Problem is, deals on an 07 are a ways off. So I think I will be looking at a premium price if I want one anytime over the next 6 months. Not sure if I can go to Sept-Nov of next year without a bike just to wait for a deal! :wink:
Well, I don't know about your neck of the woods, but the ridin' season round here is coming to a close. During the winter months, the dealerships just don't sell many bikes, and will often back off of pricing considerably in order to land a sale (even new models!).

D

·
Registered
329 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
Yea, I lean towards on 07 anyway because I think I like that blue one. Not that down on the OEM Ohlins in spite of some of the reports around here. I don't know if I'd go so far to say it's 'trivial' but I get what you are saying.

I am so used to being able to find a "high volume" dealer that will throw a thousand at you all day long!:wink:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BigDally said:
Well, I don't know about your neck of the woods, but the ridin' season round here is coming to a close. During the winter months, the dealerships just don't sell many bikes, and will often back off of pricing considerably in order to land a sale (even new models!).

D
Well, here's the thing- last year, they blew out the 05s around Oct-Nov (So. Cal). By Dec-Jan there weren't any 05s to be had in the immediate area. I remember it pretty clearly because I was on the boards here pretty heavy and reading a lot of "deals" threads during that time. I think if I am prepared to travel a bit, like up to No. Cal or Central Cal at least, then I might find the best deal possible in winter months. But in the LA area Dec-Jan is too late.

Oh, and riding season never really ends here in LA! :cool: Probably why good deals go so fast.

Did I mention that I hope all motorcycle thieves die horribly in a fire?

:machinegu

·
Registered
299 Posts
Your friend at Orange Motorsports is not your friend. I just bought my 06 for $8499($8719 OTD).

They have 1 more for that price. Its the green one.

They also have 07's for $10,299

here is the link: http://www.troycitygarage.com/street_bikes.htm

Buy it over the phone and call a shipping company to pick it up. They say they don't ship bikes. Maybe that's true, but you can arrange for it to be picked up by someone else I'm sure. It may cost 500 bucks to get it done, but you'd come out on top by ALOT!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
Oh, and riding season never really ends here in LA! :cool: Probably why good deals go so fast.

Did I mention that I hope all motorcycle thieves die horribly in a fire?

:machinegu
Well then, that explains alot. I'm sure you have more good ridin' weather in LA all year long, vs here.... Just don't be in too big of a rush to get a new bike. Seriously, shop around, play the dealerships against each other, and go with the best deal.

D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts