Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
swirls swirls swirls!

Could anything else hide it for time being? or do I need a whole new clear coat and such =:sad:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
you might wanna do a search for a guy name Diablo or something like that...used to have the cleanest bike on the block...he used some kind of professional stuff to clean...ill see if i can find it!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
rEsage if you own a black bike there's only one thing I would use for it...I have a black bike and after I used this shit I won't ever buy another thing. Turtle waxes "black box set." Its a 4 step process for black bikes only and the wax it self is black. It will get rid of all that swirl swirl swirl shit your talking about...

http://www.four51.com/UI/Customer.a...spcXevX-sELNOYNDMgamObL9GJ8J3FwshduuyIjOA-e-e

click on the link above man^^^

ps this shit is amazing and no joke I get complements from people after I use it thinking I just bought my bike yesterday...Every person that has a black bike and sees mine after a fresh wax and clean goes and buys this shit. I have turned about 5 guys on to it....

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I have the same thing going on with my "green" but you can only see it in certain light, but I see that shit everytime I look at it. I tried the mcguire's clay bar kit on it with some #9 swirl remover. it worked good but didnt last long. I'll try what abprep07 mentioned.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Don't believe the marketing BS that most of the crap in auto parts stores, wallyworld, and tv try to feed you. I posted this in your other thread about the swirl marks.

lyodbraun is correct about the clay bars. They "clean" the paint, not polish it. Which is what you need to do to get rid of swirl marks. And that's why plexus and turtle wax(crap) didn't help. They are cleaner/waxes that don't do a great job of either one. You need to get some actual polish or swirl remover. Some people call it rubbing compound.

Like with any detailing job, I recommend pinnacle, wolfgang, or menzerna but there are cheaper, easier to use alternatives that also do a pretty good job. If you have somewhere near you that sells 3M automotive stuff they have some good stuff or meguiars makes some good stuff also and you can probably find it in autozone, walmart, etc. Depending on the severity of the swirls, try some of their mirror glaze #9 or #205. The smaller number is for more severe swirl marks. They also have a product called "ultimate compound" that I haven't tried but I've heard good things about.

If you really want the swirl marks gone instead of just temporarily covering them up with colored wax it will take some time and patience. But you'll love the results when you're done.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
swirls are micro scratches.....................so therefore you have to polish or compound them out first...........wax will only fill so much!!...and it is tough getting them out by hand most of the time!........can be done..............but you gotta rub your ass off!.......I use a mini buffer I got from the Snapon man at work!....it is awesome for doin sportbike plastics!..............just be careful of your edges..........the stock paint is thin in some spots and wouldn't be hard to burn it!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
and the rest of these guys are right about the products ya see on tv and shit.............I always go with three brands......Mothers, 3M,.....or Meguires!...........mostly 3M though!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
one of the better products to be used on black is called LIQUID EBONY,.........and you will probably only find it at Auto Paint suppliers.or Bodyshop jobbers!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
rEsage if you own a black bike there's only one thing I would use for it...I have a black bike and after I used this shit I won't ever buy another thing. Turtle waxes "black box set." Its a 4 step process for black bikes only and the wax it self is black. It will get rid of all that swirl swirl swirl shit your talking about...

http://www.four51.com/UI/Customer.a...spcXevX-sELNOYNDMgamObL9GJ8J3FwshduuyIjOA-e-e

click on the link above man^^^

ps this shit is amazing and no joke I get complements from people after I use it thinking I just bought my bike yesterday...Every person that has a black bike and sees mine after a fresh wax and clean goes and buys this shit. I have turned about 5 guys on to it....

i have the candy burnt orange...would any of these product bad for the plastics on my bike

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
^^^

The turtle wax stuff wont hurt your plastics but if you're gonna use stuff from wallyworld or autozone type stores, use Meguiars. Especially their "Mirror Glaze" line of products.

Turtle wax is in the same league as that nu finish junk you see on tv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts