Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my GF who's in Maui on a job interview, and she got the job.

If anyone needs a hook up at the Kapalua Ritz Carlton you know where to come :wink: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thnx guys. Cant wait to get out on Hana. Last time I was there we did the whole trip in a rented Mustang. Awesome road.

I think Im gonna have to find some better warm weather gear now. I think my Vanson is gonna be too much in the Hawaiian heat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
jrsjkd,

Congrats to your GF...the Ritz is a very good company to work for. I used them a lot several years ago when I was travelling with my business. I did the Hana Highway thing in a convertible Mustang also, it was a blast...would have been great on this new ZX-10....be sure to give us report as soon as you try it out.

Just watch out for the marijuana sellers popping out of the trees on the real slow corners, though!!!

If you don't mind the ?????, what kind of work do you do that you can go there also???

Anyway, good luck,

JJ

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jjgi550 said:
If you don't mind the ?????, what kind of work do you do that you can go there also???
JJ
Right now Im a full time student and work part time for Marriott. Thats how we met.

My GF passed on this job a little over a year ago because I was still in school. Since Im pretty much done this semester( got a couple gen ed's left), and I can finish anywhere(Maui cc should be fine), we figured we could do this move.

Im finishing my BS in CIS and mostly do dev/code work(c++, c#, php, sql, vb.net, perl, html, asm). I can work from just about anywhere with an internet connection. I seem to be doing lots of web stuff lately(php, mysql). Been trying to focus on VB.net as it seems everyone is hiring for anything .NET lately.

Ive got a couple websites to do after I finish my senior project next week. Im not sure there a a big job market in Maui for me. Worse case scenario, I have to do some lame job at the Ritz for ~$17/hour :rolleyes:

Its sort of a once in liftime gig I guess. They are paying for all moving costs. The contract is for 18 months. She gets to work at a 5 Diamond property and add that to the resume. If we get tired after 18 months she can just find another job on the mainland and get moved back. She has never really been happy in Los Angeles.

I figure it might be a cool place to propose and get married too. Weve been going out for awhile, and have been living together for over a year and half. Its the easiest and most hassle free relationship Ive ever been in. Things just work and were always happy.

Time to man up and get that ring :eyecrazy:

....right after I get that Arata slipon :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
does she know about the intended proposal yet? hope she doesn't read your posts.

A girl that looks that good in red stockings/thong deserves a ring of some kind!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speedfreak said:
does she know about the intended proposal yet? hope she doesn't read your posts.

A girl that looks that good in red stockings/thong deserves a ring of some kind!

LAMO....I wish that was mine.......she'd have a ring already :wink:

Avatar is good ole fashion internet pr0n.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Congratz man! :beer:

Hey Jrs how u like it out there in L.A.? I'm from the northeast, and was considering moving out there. It getz too cold here in the winter time for my liking. I'm a warm weather kinda dude! :cool: I been 2 L.A. only one time and that was back in the 80's i loved it too! How u like livin out there? Is it kool 2 live there? :dontknow: Just curious?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ZiG 9th said:
Congratz man! :beer:

Hey Jrs how u like it out there in L.A.? I'm from the northeast, and was considering moving out there. It getz too cold here in the winter time for my liking. I'm a warm weather kinda dude! :cool: I been 2 L.A. only one time and that was back in the 80's i loved it too! How u like livin out there? Is it kool 2 live there? :dontknow: Just curious?
Thnx!

Personaly, I love LA. As far as riding goes we have tons of great roads and you can ride all year long. I havent had a car in over a year.

Downside is its really expensive out here. Rent is crazy. I got a pretty nice place about half a mile from the beach. 2 bedroom apt, and pretty big for LA....rent is about $1400.00. If you want something closer to the beach somewhere like Hermosa beach, a 1 bedroom onthe strand will cost you 2000.00/month and up. Housing is out of reach for me until I get a real job. Houses in Inglewood are going for 350k and up :rolleyes: :eyecrazy:( in case you dont know, you dont want to live there)

Coming from MI originaly, I love the weather(no humidity or bugs). As long as your within a couple miles of the beach, it wont get too hot...high 80's and 90's. Move too far inland and it really gets cooking in the summer high 90's -110 + depending on where your at.

If I had it to do over, Id move further south to like the San Diego area. The people in LA can get to you if your not used to it. Most of my good friends out here, werent born here. No offence to any Cali natives, but the attitude in LA sucks sometimes.

BUT, between the great weather, and all the stuff you can do...surfing, mountain biking, motorcycling, skiiing/snowboarding, u name it.....we got it out here. You just gotta pay to play
:wink:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I want to have my honeymoon there. Congrats! Have fun.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
jrsjkd said:
Thnx!

Personaly, I love LA. As far as riding goes we have tons of great roads and you can ride all year long. I havent had a car in over a year.

Downside is its really expensive out here. Rent is crazy. I got a pretty nice place about half a mile from the beach. 2 bedroom apt, and pretty big for LA....rent is about $1400.00. If you want something closer to the beach somewhere like Hermosa beach, a 1 bedroom onthe strand will cost you 2000.00/month and up. Housing is out of reach for me until I get a real job. Houses in Inglewood are going for 350k and up :rolleyes: :eyecrazy:( in case you dont know, you dont want to live there)

Coming from MI originaly, I love the weather(no humidity or bugs). As long as your within a couple miles of the beach, it wont get too hot...high 80's and 90's. Move too far inland and it really gets cooking in the summer high 90's -110 + depending on where your at.

If I had it to do over, Id move further south to like the San Diego area. The people in LA can get to you if your not used to it. Most of my good friends out here, werent born here. No offence to any Cali natives, but the attitude in LA sucks sometimes.

BUT, between the great weather, and all the stuff you can do...surfing, mountain biking, motorcycling, skiiing/snowboarding, u name it.....we got it out here. You just gotta pay to play
:wink:

Damn itz wild expensive out there! Thanx for giving me some good insight on what itz like out there. I heard about the people and how they act out there. That wouldn't really be a big issue 4 me as i stay 2 myself anyway so..... I dunno i'll probably visit out there and a few other places that i'm considering on settling down at.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey ZiG since your from york, when you're thinking about the cost of living in LA, think D.C./Alexandria and you'll be in the ballpark. I grew up in Vermont, lived in Scranton b4 I moved out here. I'm about 3-4 hrs north of LA in Fresno(central Valley) which is hotter than F*^K! but other than that it's cool. Awesome weather for riding, and I can ride comfortably for 9 mos/yr and ski the other 3 :).

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
BTW, as nice as Sandy Eggo is, the prices there are Off The Hook! Fuggedaboudit.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Gladding how long u been living out there? Is fresno near Sacramento? U like it out there? U pretty much there 2 stay?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts