Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody run VP110 if so did the bike run any faster?
my bike was tuned for U4

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Why would you go to U4 to 110 on a stock bike?????
Not a good idea really.
One could mix this fuel.
Likely wasted $$$

·
Registered
536 Posts
There is no "free" 9not that high octane fuel is free)HP in race fuel, or high octance fuel, with the exception of oxgenated fuel. Running race fuel is a TOTAL waste of money, and you will LOSE power. Try the search button, this has been covered here before.

Tony

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
If you use pump gas on a regular basis and tune the bike for U4, the bike won't run like its supposed to on pump gas. If you have a dynojet hub with map switch you could have 2 tunes, 1 for the U4 and 1 for pump.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you go to U4 to 110 on a stock bike?????
Not a good idea really.
One could mix this fuel.
Likely wasted $$$
I was at the track and a buddy gave me about 3gals to try out, but like i said im tuned for U4.
thanks every body for yall input

·
Registered
595 Posts
VP 110 is listed on their website as being leaded. Not sure if you can run leaded fuels in these bikes.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would think your better off running MR9 or something the u4 is good but I get jackola top end using it. But the lowend grunt I get pulling out of corners and crisp throttle makes it worth it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would think your better off running MR9 or something the u4 is good but I get jackola top end using it. But the lowend grunt I get pulling out of corners and crisp throttle makes it worth it.
I'd like to say me too. On my old bike with the big cams I gained 7hp on U4. Can't afford that stuff anymore. All the cash goes to tires now. My '06 10 has stock internals. On Mondays trackday I'll be mixing Sunoco with 87 octane. The throttle feels more crispy and more consistant at the bottom end. Our pump gas in Oregon is shit.

A full tank of Sunoco yeilds 3hp on my bike. I'm not running it straight much though. Still the consistant throttle response is worth it for me during the trackdays. Haven't even tried any other fuels at this point, but would like to. But more than anything I miss the smell of the old U4. Pure skunk, if ya know what I mean! :weed:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd like to say me too. On my old bike with the big cams I gained 7hp on U4. Can't afford that stuff anymore. All the cash goes to tires now. My '06 10 has stock internals. On Mondays trackday I'll be mixing Sunoco with 87 octane. The throttle feels more crispy and more consistant at the bottom end. Our pump gas in Oregon is shit.

A full tank of Sunoco yeilds 3hp on my bike. I'm not running it straight much though. Still the consistant throttle response is worth it for me during the trackdays. Haven't even tried any other fuels at this point, but would like to. But more than anything I miss the smell of the old U4. Pure skunk, if ya know what I mean! :weed:
:thumbsup:I know what you mean i love that good smell:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts