Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have vortex rear sets and just moved to PA, they require an inspection and of course, I didnt have the rear brake light hooked up due to the aftermarket rear sets, I got the vortex rear light switch, just rebleed my brake and am not in the process of running the wires to the plug, the connections are completely different, can I just cut the wires and splice them on the the ZX10 original plug wires???? I need help....

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
YES you should be able to just wire it directly if needed or not even use it and next time during the "inspection" just hit the front brake while you do the rear so the light will still come on. i've rode without the rear brake switch for years cause 95% of the time you're on the front brakes as well as the rear or I mainly use the front to scrub off most of my speed, the rear for me is mainly trailbraking or at a light sometimes. this may not be for everyone but it's always worked for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just finished..

I rarely use my rear brake, but PA has this inspection that has to be done. I just clipped the wires with the plug and clipped the wires on the actual Vortex wires and sodered and heat shinked them, works fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts