Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm replacing the stock rearsets for some aftermarket after a race crash. Which ones would you recommend for the 2008 (Gen4?) ZX10R, the Vortex or Gilles Tooling? I use it 80% race/tracks, 20% road.
Any other brands you would recommend?
Thanks and Vssss!
MuletCRCR

·
Registered
290 Posts
Attack racing makes a really nice set of rears. I own the gilles tooling rears and they are super nice, tons of adjustment and since you race you will really like that aspect. I wouldn't go with the vortex, they are not as nice as the gilles or attack. Also driven makes a nice set of rears, but if it was my money I would go with the gilles or attacks

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Well 2008 would be a 3rd gen.

Ive had Gilles before and they are indeed real nice, and real good at surviving crashes.
But finding parts to them it is harder, and they are expensive.

Vortex still very good, and parts are pretty easy to find.

From those i would go with Vortex.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Vortex only, anyone else that tells you different probly rides a stretched motorcycle and has a ruff riders emblem around their neck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gen3 tht's right, thanks!

Thanks for the replies, I'll go with the Vortex (replacement parts is a big issue in Latin America). I've had the Attacks on the bike before, but my boot used to get caught with the carbon plate cover, so I wouldn't recommend them for racing purposes.

Vssssss
Muletcrcr

·
Registered
290 Posts
Vortex only, anyone else that tells you different probly rides a stretched motorcycle and has a ruff riders emblem around their neck
That is some pretty stupid shit to say about peeps who have Gilles rear sets! Like I said before I have them and I believe they are outstanding. My bike isn't stretched, slammed, or covered in neon lights. I hate how people are generalized because they wear specific gear or bought a brand that is not up to your standards. I bought the Gilles because there quality is top notch and they look great. I don't believe the vortex is near the quality of the Gilles, hell they might be, I have never seen a set. I am not going to criticize you because you own them. I have an icon leather jacket and 2 helmets, so I guess that makes me a squid. Grow up!

·
Registered
644 Posts
are you sure you know what yur on about ?:dontknow:. i dont and everybody i know that rides a 10 dont either. gilles quality is 2nd 2 none . my set has survived 2 fast lowsides and it was only a highside that finally destroyed the left side.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Had Sato's for awhile, did a little endo & when I came down 1 peg snapped right off. I like to do standups, so those had to go. Got vortex rearsets & haven't looked back, very strong & rugged. The bracket would flex with the sato's, not with these. If I was to buy again I'd look hard at the Attacks

·
Registered
383 Posts
Vortex is cheap and common bit like owning a Gixxer 1K, plus the pegs will rip holes in your boots or anything that comes in contact with them.

The Gillies are great and would definitely buy a new set over a single peg replacement on a set of Vortex.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
Interesting, I also have a stretched, lowered, custom painted Busa.... Guess I am just missing the RR emblem/patch?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts