Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any pics of them on their bike? i bought a set and cant figure out what part of frame/engine bracket to bolt them to. The instructions are a crappy two sentence "uses forward engine bolt".. I have like three choices of places to use them and not sure which one to use.
thanks for any help

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm that would be fine and dandy, but i have the VORTEX ones, not LP, and mine ARE the ones you gotta modify the plastics with. Anyone els? i cant be the only one with this brand..........

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
yeah there is another on where ZX12RPILOT posted pics and all. I think his pics are down but do a search on him.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have these sliders as well.

Originally I mounted them incorrectly (the upper bracket bolt). The true mounting location is at the front LOWER location (Picture a Reversed capital "L" and mount at the 90 degree bend). There is an Allen bolt on the right side and a normal hex head on the left. You must remove your side panels to get access to these locations.

And FYI, while I was burning the tire off this weekend (in prep for the new one today), I found out they work rather well when I dropped the bike on the right side....cases didn't even come close to the ground......

By the way. That picture shows the incorrect mounting location. From that spot, they will protect very little and probably break the brackets on impact.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
i order some from england. I got a e-mail from them. They are made to order and i should get mine in the nexts two weeks. I hope it comes with bloody direction.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dogbone, do you have a pic.?
The instructions I got say they mount on the upper mount as per the ones in this pic. Thats a lot of cutting though.. :dontknow:

·
Registered
370 Posts
My bike is naked right now, so I'll snap a picture and post it later when I get home from work.

I can honestly say, the uppermost position freaked me out a little, I didn't feel it would protect. Where it is now, I KNOW it protects, because I tested it during a botched rolling burn out.....:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
the down side to where you located the sliders is that thats a weak bracket and directly behind it is your engine. We had a guy up here go down and it bent the bracket and busted up the mounting tabs behind it. Not a big deal except those mounting tabs are part of the engine casting. The mount directly behind it to the left and not used by the bracket is a preferred location for single bolt mounting. Its pretty beefy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts